Tony Stewart NHRA Announcement Thursday 11am (1 Viewer)

If TSR was going to be affiliated with Mopar, I would’ve expected that to have been announced at the same time the team was since Matt and Leah are both Mopar-sponsored drivers there’s no reason not to say they’d be continuing except of course if they’re not!

Tony and Ford’s CEO Jim Farley have shared some love on social media recently including Tony being given #14 Bronco off the production line. This close to the end of the year I doubt any of that would be happening if Tony’s relationship wasn’t continuing with Ford including in the NHRA (remember how Tony’s been cutting laps in the electric CJ?).

Ford has also recently put out a number of nostalgic drag racing related posts on social media talking about their past successes. With Toyota upping its presence in the sport next year it seems somewhat logical that Ford would use its link with Tony to improve its presence in NHRA but knowing how strong the Matt/Leah Mopar connection is it would still come as something of a surprise.

Last edited:
If TSR was going to be affiliated with Mopar, I would’ve expected that to have been announced at the same time the team was since Matt and Leah are both Mopar-sponsored drivers there’s no reason not to say they’d be continuing except of course if they’re not!
Tony and Ford’s CEO Jim Farley have shared some love on social media recently including Tony being given #14 Bronco off the production line. This close to the end of the year I doubt any of that would be happening if Tony’s relationship wasn’t continuing with Ford including in the NHRA (remember how Tony’s been cutting laps in the electric CJ?).
Ford has also recently put out a number of nostalgic drag racing related posts on social media talking about their past successes. With Toyota upping its presence in the sport next year it seems somewhat logical that Ford would use its link with Tony to improve its presence in NHRA but knowing how strong the Matt/Leah Mopar connection is it would still come as something of a surprise.
Being a Ford fan, this would be great news.

Expect Leah and Matt to be flying the Mopar colors next year (Leah made a comment 2 weeks ago on Facebook she was wrapping up a new agreement with Mopar). Tony has had relationships with multiple manufactures at the same time in the past, so next year will be nothing new.

sure sounds like there will be a lot of announcements after the finals. capps on joe castello's show eluding to exciting announcements forthcoming.
in recent tony schumacher interview, he eluded to selling individual major sponsors for his ride on a per race deal.
if you look at TSR website, he is associated with many sponsors; curious to see who comes over to nhra with TSR.

Last I had seen, Tasca was having a boat builder make his bodies. I believe Bob owns the molds also.
My understanding is that Ford controls the molds, Roush produces the bodies, and yes, we were down to one body with at least one in the pipeline. Once you get the as molded body, there is still a ton to do to get it ready and then the logistics of getting body to the track if the trucks don't go back to the shop like now with Vegas and Pomona back to back.

I don't know now but, Didn't Force have a stock pile of them?
I think he did but he might have sold them all. Densham has run one of Hight's bodies from 2013 since his crash at Pomona. Paul Smith runs either Neff's 2012 body or Force's 2013. Like someone else said I think Head got one after their tangle at Phoenix.

WOW, I'm surprised I'm the one who has the scoop on this. I don't know why, but it came across my Facebook page yesterday,

Last edited:
I do have to say that the graphics are really clean not a cluttered reading disaster when looking at the cars. I like the look.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back