Tony Stewart NHRA Announcement Thursday 11am (1 Viewer)

if nothing else, it is obvious that dsr has shown tsr that nhra professional drag racing can be profitable, even though, to the untrained eye, the sport looks
like an upside down business model.
when Stewart backs it it's a limited risk proposition for a sponsor/ he'll bring in fans

who knew when steve torrance was cutting his teeth in the family nitro injected TAD, and leah was still a few years away from her dote connection, that
these two figures would become the face of the nhra. wonder if papa johns will take another look? ..... i'm gonna guess there's more than one sponsor out there that has
taken note of this recent development, if even for a one year contract, with options beyond that. a lot of eyeballs are gonna' be on the nhra next year.

Hate to bring up an ugly subject, but this is a race team who's nucleus involves a 'relationship', between two famous racers and history has shown that marriages between two notary racing couples do not end well!. You got two fiery personalities, ready to tie the knot and run a race team. I just hope they are prepared to withstand the ruff times, that comes along with marital bliss, because now, not only is a marriage at stake but a race team that is attached to it, is at stake also!

Hate to bring up an ugly subject, but this is a race team who's nucleus involves a 'relationship', between two famous racers and history has shown that marriages between two notary racing couples do not end well!. You got two fiery personalities, ready to tie the knot and run a race team. I just hope they are prepared to withstand the ruff times, that comes along with marital bliss, because now, not only is a marriage at stake but a race team that is attached to it, is at stake also!
I'd be interested to see the pre-nupt

Some of you guys are overthinking this. Maybe Tony Stewart is involved in drag racing for 1 year, maybe 20. Maybe he and Leah never even make it to the altar, maybe they get married and grow old together. There’s no guarantees in any of this stuff, so let’s enjoy the positive things that are happening and not worry about what could go wrong.

And that's why I posted this back on #40 on this thread.

I just hope Smoke doesn't get burnt in this deal.

Better to have tried and failed, than to never try and never experience the euphoria

The one thing that I think is cool is, Tony being a team owner has gotten in a nd drove the TF car. I don't know of any other owner doing that
except for. The retired drivers that stepped back to run the team.
I was at a race when the owner was chewing on his driver, the driver yelled back ( If you think it's easy why don't you get in and drive it. )
At least Tony knows what it's like.

Hate to break it to you, but there's a lot in that movie that didn't actually happen.
probably, but when i see a communion as such as this, i immediately reflect back to connie/shirley, Tommy/melanie, richie/erica. All Seemed like matches made in heaven, initially, but then . . . . . . . . .

on the plus side, Force's daughter and Rahal seem to be still going strong!

How did this thread go from discussing a powerful force in motorsports jumping into NHRA in a big way, to a discussion about relationships working, not working, past divorces in the drag racing community, etc.? I believe that half of all marriages still end in divorce, so the drag racing universe isn't immune to that stat. Like I said before, who knows how long ANYTHING is going to last, whether it's a new team, new sponsor, new marriage or whatever.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back