Tony Stewart NHRA Announcement Thursday 11am (1 Viewer)

any whispers about crew chiefs? we know Okuhara is staying with DSR
I personally think there will be major crew chief changes across the board. TSR is not going to lack in funding. If you could hire any crew chief to tune Leah, who would you choose? It would not surprise me with Grubnic ends up at TSR. I have no inside information at all but I would have to believe whoever it is would be a top name. This is going to be a crazy offseason.

I thought Tasca was working together with Wilkerson. Being both are Ford and Tasca is getting his bodies from WIlk.

Even though it’s just a lateral move with no new drivers, I don’t know how it’s not a positive. New owner in the sport and the fact that one team isn’t fielding a fourth of the entries. More teams mean more possible spots in the future. Just attaching his name to the NHRA brings more legitimacy and eyes than any type of advertising could.

In saying this, I selfishly never want the NHRA to be as big as nascar. It will bring sky high spectator cost and unbearable crowds. Not my cup of tea, but I would be happy to know more people see why it’s THE best motorsport.

I thought Tasca was working together with Wilkerson. Being both are Ford and Tasca is getting his bodies from WIlk.
That ended when Bob left the sport for a few years, when he came back he has had a DSR technical alliance and runs the Ford body. I think Bob has helped Tim get access to the latest Ford body.

From what I understand, Tim Wilk owns the molds for the Ford bodies.
If he owns it, why can't he get any additional bodies? He made the comment a few races ago that after the crash with Cruz he only has 1 body and if he damages that he is in trouble and he was going to ask Ford for another body.

Curious who will be their crew chiefs. Todd will be Tony Schumacher’s crew chief. Dickie under contract with DSR?
I guess we’ll see!

If he owns it, why can't he get any additional bodies? He made the comment a few races ago that after the crash with Cruz he only has 1 body and if he damages that he is in trouble and he was going to ask Ford for another body.
Just having the mold is good start, the cost of laying one up and finished ready for graphics is a pretty expensive cost, maybe someone can give us a current dollar amount

Roger Penske has teams with Ford (NASCAR), Chevrolet Indy Car) and now Porsche (IMSA, WEC and LeMans), all at the same time. In the past he has also worked with Toyota, Honda and Oldsmobile.

TSR going with someone other than Ford should not be an issue. All of this has no doubt been worked out over the past few months.

Interesting Bret Kepner post on Facebook in response to another thread on the TSR press conference:

Bret Kepner
Xxxx, yeah...because the fact Stewart was just pegged for Dodge's return to NASCAR in 2022 and the facts Leah and Hagan both have personal (driver) sponsorships from Dodge never entered into it. LMAO!

Last I had seen, Tasca was having a boat builder make his bodies. I believe Bob owns the molds also.
That ended when his first run with Motorcraft did. As mentioned previously, Tasca is a satelitte team of DSR, I believe the team operates out of the DSR shop as well.

Not sure about anyone else, but this is an exciting time for all NHRA Pro classes!! We always wondered what would happen if a mega team went away, well, here you go! The Don seems to have made sure the sport would be in better shape as he walks away, keeping it growing into the future. Love him, don't love him, don't care, you HAVE to respect the guy for helping the continued growth and not just leaving a huge void!

That ended when his first run with Motorcraft did. As mentioned previously, Tasca is a satelitte team of DSR, I believe the team operates out of the DSR shop as well.

Not sure about anyone else, but this is an exciting time for all NHRA Pro classes!! We always wondered what would happen if a mega team went away, well, here you go! The Don seems to have made sure the sport would be in better shape as he walks away, keeping it growing into the future. Love him, don't love him, don't care, you HAVE to respect the guy for helping the continued growth and not just leaving a huge void!
Yes, Don S does deserve high respect for all he has done for drag racing,. But at the same time, what was he going to do? Take all his racing equipment that he has many million$$$ in and scrap it or pay to store it for posterity as it depreciates? As usual, he is making very smart business decisions for himself while helping others own a team, helping drivers stay behind the butterfly wheel, helping crews keep a job and helping all of drag racing in general. But... he is very wisely looking out for himself and his family. Smart man.

Who owns the sponsorship on Leah and Matt cars? Are they staying with DSR or going with TSR? If they are owned by DSR, what's stopping them from fielding two more teams next year?

Who owns the sponsorship on Leah and Matt cars? Are they staying with DSR or going with TSR? If they are owned by DSR, what's stopping them from fielding two more teams next year?
I wonder how many lawyers is involved in this announcement?

if nothing else, it is obvious that dsr has shown tsr that nhra professional drag racing can be profitable, even though, to the untrained eye, the sport looks
like an upside down business model.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back