Today's Schumacher Massey Press Conference (1 Viewer)

I for one got a kick out of the remarks made by Don (who I respect a great deal) that he didn't want to end Massey's career. He didn't seem to mind effectively ending Bazemore's career or sending Cory Mac to a minor-leagure ride, which has pretty much ended his career at this point, so why the sudden humanitarian side? My guess is the almighty dollar is in there somewhere.

You forgot something- "Spencer is a pompous ass spoiled brat-that can cut a good light." when you're good at a sport, the indescertions that would sink you in real life are easily overlooked. :(
Hahaha. How did that work out in the first round today?
Torrence strapped it on Massey and trailered him with a holeshot. Steve gained a fan in me today.

It will be interesting to watch to PR rehabilitation of Mr. Massey. I see a ton of hospital visits, hugging kids at the ropes and visiting troops in his future. He should be up for NHRA's Man of the Year award by April.

Gotta wonder though, where is the money coming for this?

This whole deal is the biggest PR crock of BS in the history of drag racing. I think it is a safe bet that Don S’s and every racer from the late 60’s though the late 80’s nightly war stories would make anything Spencer did or will every do elementary in the scope of professional behavior. I can’t believe this story is such a big deal and the PR spin put on it. It is comical that SM talked about taking anger management classes, what a joke. The guy drank too much at a party and (allegedly) spouted off when someone called him out. Who hasn’t done this? “Looking like Kurt Johnson”, what does that even mean? Would this have been a story if the roles were reversed and Antron said “F-you (insert any word you want to here)”? Not to mention it is total BS that SM is the only representative of the 3rd place TF team at the banquet, you would think DSR would require the whole team to attend.

Unless you watch the tv or read the forums you would not even know anything had happened. It was business as usual at the track. This is all old news around the racing community.

This whole deal is the biggest PR crock of BS in the history of drag racing. I think it is a safe bet that Don S’s and every racer from the late 60’s though the late 80’s nightly war stories would make anything Spencer did or will every do elementary in the scope of professional behavior. I can’t believe this story is such a big deal and the PR spin put on it. It is comical that SM talked about taking anger management classes, what a joke. The guy drank too much at a party and (allegedly) spouted off when someone called him out. Who hasn’t done this? “Looking like Kurt Johnson”, what does that even mean? Would this have been a story if the roles were reversed and Antron said “F-you (insert any word you want to here)”? Not to mention it is total BS that SM is the only representative of the 3rd place TF team at the banquet, you would think DSR would require the whole team to attend.

Well stated.

The Don does not tolerate soft coolers haha. He does however tolerate Gene Snow's check book. It's all money! Case closed

who cares how drag racers acted 30 years ago? this is a different world. his behaviour matters, but don wants to give spencer a pass. it's wrong but whatever. won't ruin my year of rooting for tim wilkerson.

who cares how drag racers acted 30 years ago? this is a different world. his behaviour matters, but don wants to give spencer a pass. it's wrong but whatever. won't ruin my year of rooting for tim wilkerson.

Yes it was a different world 30 years ago, in fact in 1983 Don Schumacher wasn't even involved in drag racing, Massey wasn't born yet and there wasn't even an awards banquet, and the men who did the drag racing had the class to keep they're personal BS to themselves and focus on the racing.

A bunch of us old guys who raced nitro in the 60s and 70s all thought Don's press conference and explanation was WEAK and resembled a snow white tale.

A bunch of us old guys who raced nitro in the 60s and 70s all thought Don's press conference and explanation was WEAK and resembled a snow white tale.

I have nothing bad to say about the player in this little drama, I don't care for the drama.

Shoe did what was right for Shoe,Massey got his job back Snow was in Shoe's pit.
Any one who has ever raced fuel cars can fill in the blanks.
Next!

DSR received 1.6 million reasons to hire SM back.

Nothing wrong with that, but why lie to everyone? Either tell the truth or say nothing. To me, the weak story being pushed makes the story tellers look bad and insults the intelligence of those listening.

Nothing wrong with that, but why lie to everyone? Either tell the truth or say nothing. To me, the weak story being pushed makes the story tellers look bad and insults the intelligence of those listening.

X2 You hit it right on the head Virgil. Well said.

Mike.

Wow! Breaking story :D Fire the next pair.

1.6 million reasons??? Hell for that amout he could have any of his boyfreinds in the car......guess maybe be this one is a bit more special......

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back