Dixon's Incredible Save (1 Viewer)

One well known TF/FC racer told me those cars are easy to drive till you get in trouble! And that is where experience comes through, no doubt an inexperienced racer could very well have panicked and drove that thing straight into the wall!

Will somebody PULEEZE bring Larry back to the NHRA full schedule!!! HEY FORCE, Brit could use a team mate.

Isn't one of the benefits of a fully floating rear end that if an axle breaks you don't lose the wheel? I am not familiar with their complete design, but what else would have failed/broke to cause the wheel to real loose?

Nope...
BGg5zM5CYAAox77_zpsf3c6c29c.jpg

Look close at the break, see the surface rust on the more jagged side to the right, at about 2 to 4 o'clock position that had been broken for some time.

Also looks like the floater failed.........notice its still partialy there I would bet the rest of it is still on the rear end.

He's lived in Indy for too long. He was trying to recreate Danny Sullivan's spin from the 500.

Either that or he was thumbing it those nascar guys, see we can turn too :)

Dixon was pumped up after his 4.503 / 332 yesterday - he's having a great time downunder. Santo said last night that they won't be in Vegas - next race for them will be Charlotte. They later ran a 4.54 / 326. To the guy asking if someone else would pick up Dixon for a full-time ride, consider that he is happy to be back racing and enjoying the opportunity. There's no doubt that when the time is right and the contracts are in place, Larry will own his own team. Until then, he's enjoying being back in the seat.

Look for Danny Sullivan to present Larry with the "Danny Sullivan Save of the Year Award" during pre race ceremonies!! I know some of you ladies and gents know of the move of speak of. (Indy 500)

Look for Danny Sullivan to present Larry with the "Danny Sullivan Save of the Year Award" during pre race ceremonies!! I know some of you ladies and gents know of the move of speak of. (Indy 500)

1985 ... I was there! The 11 year old me was pulling for the guy who finished second though ...

As an aside, I will be at Indy for Pole Day/Bump Day May 19/20 for the first time in 20 years this year ... kinda excited.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back