To Alan Reinhart (1 Viewer)

Terry

Nitro Member
Alan,

I know that you are in turmoil with Eric's situation right now, but I thought passing along a couple of kudos may help. First of all, I thoroughly enjoy your posts here on the mater....knowledgeable, insightful, and quite often really humorous.

Secondly, I have been religiously DVRing the late 1990s NHRA races on ESPN Classic, and just want to pass on how enjoyable it has been seeing your top end interviews once again. The chemistry you have with the drivers is readily apparent, and they talk with you as a friend and confidant, rather than just relating a rote list of sponsors. You bring so much to the viewer with your ability to get the drivers to just "talk".

I can't help but notice that there seems to be a certain bond between you and Mike Dunn whenever you interview him......hmmmm, if some other people in high places happen to notice, who knows? I think that Alan/Mike chemistry is probably still there, and would make a dynamic duo in the booth.

Anyway, enough ramblings, and thanks for all the great work covering NHRA drag racing for us. Take care and keep the faith

Terry....maybe you could suck-up a little more to Alan....he loves it!!!
Remember....he is in the JFR family....

Terry Larson and Kelly,

Thank you for the kind words. Mike and I have always gotten along well. There's kind of an inside story but I shouldn't tell it here-LOL. I'm just trying to have a little fun and make a living.

Alan

Alan, What I really enjoy about you is that you are YOU... say what you're feeling, dry humor, and not only that, but you really are a SHORT CHIT...:D was fun meetin' ya at Richmond at Robert's car....

You are a Gentleman, always...

Terry....maybe you could suck-up a little more to Alan....he loves it!!!
Remember....he is in the JFR family....
Terry,

Cool name and all, and I usually enjoy your acidic sense of humor in your responses, and I hope this is one of those instances. It wasn't an attempt to suck up to Alan, just some thoughts that went through my 60s addled brain last night as I watched a couple of the races. Gotta say that to my way of thinking, compliments are not necessarily sucking up. Just wanted to pass along a couple of thoughts to Alan, as I know he frequents the board.

I agree....Alan is a good 'announcer' and I do enjoy his work.....BUT your post reminded me of my film industry days of 'sucking up'......never take this stuff serious......

I agree....Alan is a good 'announcer' and I do enjoy his work.....BUT your post reminded me of my film industry days of 'sucking up'......never take this stuff serious......

Terry,
Done! And thanks for replying--no offense taken! How can I be upset with someone with such a cool first name? By the way, does it p!ss you off way bad when someone spells your name with an i instead of a y? Just wondering and thanks for responding

Terry......I understand the Terry w/ an 'i' instead of a 'Y' deal...but I do not get shaken up easily......Spending most of my life in So Calif makes you have 'tough skin' and words/opinions 'NEVER' hurt me.....

Situations like Eric Medlens put the 'really' important things into their proper places and I wish Eric the best...

Terry......I understand the Terry w/ an 'i' instead of a 'Y' deal...but I do not get shaken up easily......Spending most of my life in So Calif makes you have 'tough skin' and words/opinions 'NEVER' hurt me.....

Situations like Eric Medlens put the 'really' important things into their proper places and I wish Eric the best...

Terry,

Well said....

Not for anything Terry, but how does living in So Cal give one "tough skin"? Try living in Upstate NY. The "land of endless summers" is not a bad place to be, especially for a gearhead. Single-digit temps and grey skies for a week plus, now that's how you grow "tough skin"! BTW, please know I'm messin' with ya'! :D

Terry,
Done! And thanks for replying--no offense taken! How can I be upset with someone with such a cool first name? By the way, does it p!ss you off way bad when someone spells your name with an i instead of a y? Just wondering and thanks for responding

Personally, I like Teri spelled with an I!!!!!!:p

Teri, my apologies! I thought about that right after posting! On you, the i looks great! On me, however, it looks a little bit weird. Glad you chimed in and gave me a chance to apologize.

Terry, no need to apologize!!!!! It looks better also with only 1 R!!!!!!!
I am just funnin with ya'll!!!!!:p

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back