Alan Reinhart (1 Viewer)

Bullard Anderson

Nitro Member
Alan I heard you mention yesterday at the track that Public Announcer's booth is not in the best location. I assume you were located lower left lane side. That's unreal. I announce dirt and asphalt oval racing in North and South Carolina. I've seen some tricky situations myself. Don't these people understand the hierarchy in the tower goes: 1. Race Director 2. Public Address announcer :)

Enjoyed the day, quality work. It's the background stories you tell on Crew Chiefs and other aspects of drivers and crews that are interesting and good listening to the fans. History mixed in with what we are seeing on track today. Thanks!

Steve,
Thanks for the kind words, next time track me down and say hi.
The announcers booth is lower level behind the left lane, (or lane 1 in this case) when there's a Funny Car sitting with the body up. or have the Pro Stock teams are out there I can't see the starting line. And you got the order close, but not quite, I'm WAY more important than the race director! LoL

Jeff,
It was a cool experience, I have jumped before, but to go with the Golden Knights was pretty special. Now, if I could just get the Blue Angles to call.......
Alan

Last edited:
Alan, I know you've driven some door cars before, but if you're nuts enough to step out of a plane, have you ever had the itch to drive a faster car? PS, Alky, Fuel, etc.

Now, if I could just get the Blue Angles to call.......

I contacted them for you, expect a call

oh, wait did you say Angels? uh -oh.....

bluemangrp.jpg

Steve,
Thanks for the kind words, next time track me down and say hi.
The announcers booth is lower level behind the left lane, (or lane 1 in this case) when there's a Funny Car sitting with the body up. or have the Pro Stock teams are out there I can't see the starting line. And you got the order close, but not quite, I'm WAY more important than the race director! LoL

Jeff,
It was a cool experience, I have jumped before, but to go with the Golden Knights was pretty special. Now, if I could just get the Blue Angles to call.......
Alan
I have heard a lot of announcers over 54+ years of racing and spectating going back to Bernie Partridge and the great Dave Me> and Steve Evans but Alan doesn't take a back seat to ANY OF THEM. Great to have a real "car Guy" that knows all aspects of the sport plus a good sense of humor.

Ditto ! Alan even does a Fantastic job doing the Sportsman coverage on the televised shows also.

Keep up the great coverage Alan !

one thing i miss is alan getting up on the wall right before the finals and thanking all the fans for coming to the races. It gives a feeling of community for everyone at the track. Alan, please do that as often as possible

Ditto ! Alan even does a Fantastic job doing the Sportsman coverage on the televised shows also.

Keep up the great coverage Alan !
Alan also does the voiceover for the Lucas Oil Drag Boat Racing Series as well.

Who did I just see sitting in Scott Palmer's "Liquid Voodoo"? I'm surprised you even fit in the capsule!

(Alan, we get daily updates on Scotty from Lynn, it's slow; but, he's making progress.)

Last edited:
Thank You all for the kind words.

Nunzio, Yes I would. I was actually going to make a hit in Jim Head's Top Fuel car a while back, just could never get the timing right. I have also talked to Anthony DeCeiro about maybe driving his A/F car at some point. Or Frank Hawley's TAFC deal, who knows.

Thanks Bob, I do love the cars.

Barry, we still do a variation of that, but when Bob retired and I moved up, the new guys have taken that over.
Alan

Last edited:
Personally I would rather listen to the All Access crew than the ESPN coverage. Not to take anything away from the ESPN guys but the TV stuff is just in a different format. Alan, Mike, Brian and Joe are great!! I also really enjoy (forgot his name) that comes in for the Alcohol cars! He gives the listeners very detailed insight on the field.

I agree with you Jay. Their info covers a broader range and is usually more current.

Humor is good too .... well most of the time.

We raced St Louis last week and it was a huge bummer that neither the FM PA broadcast, nor any of the PA speakers in our area of the oval track infield (where they pit many of the sportsman racers) worked. Very hard to have any clue what was going on at the race and really missed the information they pass on.

I agree with you Jay. Their info covers a broader range and is usually more current.

Humor is good too .... well most of the time.

We raced St Louis last week and it was a huge bummer that neither the FM PA broadcast, nor any of the PA speakers in our area of the oval track infield (where they pit many of the sportsman racers) worked. Very hard to have any clue what was going on at the race and really missed the information they pass on.
Some of the analogies Brian comes up with are hysterical!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back