The 50% SOLUTION (1 Viewer)

Sigh..............

I'm actually not disappointed nor frustrated.

It's a different idea and human nature abhorrs the notion.

It's kinda what I did expect.

Rex out................:)

REX

At a number of races I've been to, I've tried imagining the Fuel cars running just an 1/8 and shutting off. And it's NOT the same! Since I don't wear Earplugs, I cover up to around 330 than uncover my ears. And the race is over, NO Thanks!:rolleyes:

I've NEVER covered my ears :p

And lately with all the aborted runs in one lane..........you are seeing 60' shut off runs..................constantly BTW............and it is crabbed about incessantly here:cool:

Awwwwwwww.....whatever.

I close my case.

REX

If an entity other than the NHRA wants to promote some 1/8 mile races that's fine with me. However, I doubt that I'd have no more interest in watching that than I would an Arena Football game.

I've been to 2 ADRL races and plan on making it 3 as of next weekend. It's some of the best racing I've ever seen. I hope those that are poopoo-ing the idea have at least taken the time to go see a top-notch 1/8 mile event so as to be able to make an informed remark. I can't comment from a racer's point of view since I've only ever put my turtle-like Stang on 1/4 mile tracks but from the grandstands, it's hard to beat the ADRL for good racing.

Listen to Tom, as I've said before, don't form an opinion until you've actually tried it... If you are a doorslammer fan, I invite you to the Motorplex next weekend for the ADRL World Finals, I'll get you in for free and if you are disappointed I'll give you your money back!!!

Hey REX these pros would be up for an alternative I bet...lol...Everyone else can judge for themselves...I personally think it would be awesome to have classes like Outlaw Top Fuel or Outlaw Funny Car somewhere...would definitly bring back the inovations...

Dale Creasy vs Jack Wyatt at Eddyville in Iowa...Links 2 and 3 are of the same run...

1800-Entertainment Video Link #1

1800-Entertainment Video Link #2

1800-Entertainment Video Link #3

COOOOOOOL..............Outlaw/TF and Outlaw/FC.

1/8 mile run what ya' brung...............

100% in the tank ifn' ya' want!!!!!!!!!!

WTF????????

Nobody loses.

1/4 mile stays COMPLETELY as it is.

Us MORONS:rolleyes::cool: that would like to see unfettered SMOKE and THUNDER and OUTLAW racing SIDE BY SIDE:eek: can have our ALTERNATIVE!!!

REX:D

Listen to Tom, as I've said before, don't form an opinion until you've actually tried it... If you are a doorslammer fan, I invite you to the Motorplex next weekend for the ADRL World Finals, I'll get you in for free and if you are disappointed I'll give you your money back!!!

If my private Jet............;) wasn't in the shop for repairs,

I'D sure love to take you up on that!!!!:)

REX

Hey REX these pros would be up for an alternative I bet...lol...Everyone else can judge for themselves...I personally think it would be awesome to have classes like Outlaw Top Fuel or Outlaw Funny Car somewhere...would definitly bring back the inovations...

Dale Creasy vs Jack Wyatt at Eddyville in Iowa...Links 2 and 3 are of the same run...

1800-Entertainment Video Link #1

1800-Entertainment Video Link #2

1800-Entertainment Video Link #3

Thanks for the vids BTW.

Sure looks like alot of unhappy crew and spectators around there;):rolleyes::D

REX

Split the difference: 1000 foot tracks.

Almost all of the benefits and still "almost" big numbers.

All the track has to do is move the MPH stop to 1060ft <g>...

Well,i like what people are talking about,shortining the track.I have thought for a few years that 1000' would be a good length.The last 320 is pretty hard on a fuel motor and i think 1000' would solve a lot of problems without radically changing the face of the sport.What do ya think?

Well,i like what people are talking about,shortining the track.I have thought for a few years that 1000' would be a good length.The last 320 is pretty hard on a fuel motor and i think 1000' would solve a lot of problems without radically changing the face of the sport.What do ya think?

Not talking about shortening the 1320.

1320 remains "the Standard"

660 would be a different series run by a new/old/any association.

Teams that wanted to run there would do it on their own accord.

REX

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back