R/C Drag Racing Question (1 Viewer)

stitcherbob

Nitro Member
Anyone here build or know someone who built a scale dragstrip for 1/8 scale R/C drag racing? Traxxas cars or nitro powered homebuilts? What materials would be best?
I have enough length in my backyard (330 ft) for an 1/8 scale 1/4 mile with shutoff room, but if it was wide enough it could support quarter scale cars in a 1/8 mile arrangement. Hope to create one someday since a full scale personal dragstrip would require hitting the Powerball.......

plus it would be less grass to mow.....

I owned a 1/10 scale r/c drag strip here in MN from 2006-2011. The track was 132 feet long (scale 1/10) complete timing system with 60 and 660 (6 and 66) foot timers.

We used PVC pipe for walls becasue they were easy to set up and they also would move if you hit the wall. The track was coated with a sugar water blend base to make it sticky, and then treated with VHT for about 30 feet off the starting line.

Very cool!
I had started a 1/4 scale Top Fueler chassis TIG welded from brake line tubing years ago, but when I started my own upholstery business I lost access to the TIG machine. The frame got tossed when it rusted in a shed. Still have a couple of chainsaw engines modified for the car, plus I have a .21 nitro motor for a 1/8 car and an unbuilt 1/10 electric Swamp Rat kit from years ago.

I see a capable driver right there in those pictures of the 1/4 Top Fueler! Might need a little Crisco to squeeze in there though.....:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back