Thank You UPS ! (1 Viewer)

Larry

Nitro Member
Unlike some people I have a job that eats up a lot of time so I stay behind on the racing news and depend on the internet a lot.
Well electrical gremlins had invaded my Hot Rod so I am checking ignition components and having just installed a new Accell Opti Spark Distributor I checked and sure enough a bad reading .
Jerked it off printed out a return form to get it checked out and shipped it off via UPS store.
While waiting for it I decided to throw in a used one I had and low and behold I found a problem with the wiring from the MSD 6 AL.
Thats about right, not the distributors fault at all.
So I start trying to get in touch with the Accel guys and guess what.
Mr. Gasket got sold to Prestolite and the facility I sent my $400.00 distributor was relocated to Columbus Ohio from Carson City Nevada.
Well you would think a bum would have picked up my run for 1 hr. new distributor off the loading dock of the abandoned warehouse and hocked it for a pack of smokes.

After calling UPS I gave them the tracking number and low and behold UPS sent the thing to the new location Gratis!

Now that guys is looking out for the customer despite himself.
So a hat tip to UPS for a job well done !
Accually I've had some really good service from UPS as I use them every chance I get .
Got a rear bumper and quarter panel shipped from St Louis and picked it up at the UPS loading dock and wasn't there 15 minutes from start to finish.
Sure wished they were still sponsoring some racing.

Any way Grimlins are gone but I need a supplier for some good quality electrical connectors [ I plan on soldering them ]cause these Chinese jobs suck .

Hey Larry
If you dont mind getting them shipped out to you try a company called Hillco. They are located in So. California (717)-657-7442. Also try Hillco Fastener Warehouse they carry some nice solderless connectors that have shrink tubing attached. also many other devices for racing. The owner is Jack Hill he is an old racer guy. give them a shot. Good luck

Hey Larry
If you dont mind getting them shipped out to you try a company called Hillco. They are located in So. California (717)-657-7442. Also try Hillco Fastener Warehouse they carry some nice solderless connectors that have shrink tubing attached. also many other devices for racing. The owner is Jack Hill he is an old racer guy. give them a shot. Good luck

Thanks for the link and I will pass it on to other folks too !

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back