Working with UPS (1 Viewer)

The Counterfeiter

Nitro Member
I know everyone has horror stories about shipping companies, but our results for December are pretty amazing. Our facility shipped almost 4000 parcels - one was late due to an aircraft problem and one shipment suffered minor damage. UPS promptly sent checks to both shippers, refunding all of their shipping and packaging costs and paying the full value of the damaged lamp.

I worked for McDonald's for ten years and was impressed with their dedication to quality and service, but UPS just blows me away. An average of 15 million parcels are delivered every day worldwide.

I look forward to work every day, knowing that our team has complete confidence in this amazing company - :cool:

nice post jim - not everyone can say they love going to work everyday.

shipping is definitely streamlined these days; amazing logisitics to make
it all happen

I have been a UPS shipper for 28 of my 29 years in business. Their service is second to none---tried FedEx for a year and they dont even come close as far as on time deliveries with minimal damages and loss. Only problems I have had with UPS is they will pencil whip you to death on their bills. The reason I left for a year was because of that. Damages are not a problem until the value of the shipment is over $100. You will ALWAYS get the improperly packaged deal if the shipment is over $100. Sent a $200 Corvette speedo in the original die cast housing to California. It was wrapped in bubble wrap and shipped in a box filled with styrofoam peanuts. UPS destroyed both the housing and speedo and Crawford Company (their outside group that does insurance inspections) informed me the burst strength of the box was not enough. Funny though, the burst strength label on the box was 10 lbs more than what they told me it should have been. Fortunately, my UPS rep is super---dropped him an email, and he took care of the situation and got me paid for the speedo. He has helped me out every time on the billing problems and has really gone the extra mile on a couple of lost shipments (turns out the labels were not sticking to the boxes and were being torn off in shipment, causing them to end up in OS&D). Had a super nice lady rep before the guy we have now, and she also was super helpful when I had a problem. The guys and gals in the big brown trucks are world class in every way. I have always thought it is amazing that I could count on one hand all the packages they have ever LOST for us and could not locate. I know a couple were left at residences and probably stolen--some probably by the receiver!! Overall, I would agree that their service is nothing short of amazing, considering the volume they deal with. Now LTL trucking carriers----I could write a book on those problems.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back