UPS Now that's what I call a sponsor! (1 Viewer)

Brian

Nitro Member
I own a manufacturing business and we've used UPS for years. A couple of weeks ago I got a postcard from them with the Top Fueler on it. Basically, they've got a program that gives us a rebate if we have a UPS account and an NHRA membership. Since I have both, I went on their site, signed up and have already received enough rebates to pay my way to national events plus. I'd love to see other sponsor fall in line. If you have a UPS account, check it out.

I own a manufacturing business and we've used UPS for years. A couple of weeks ago I got a postcard from them with the Top Fueler on it. Basically, they've got a program that gives us a rebate if we have a UPS account and an NHRA membership. Since I have both, I went on their site, signed up and have already received enough rebates to pay my way to national events plus. I'd love to see other sponsor fall in line. If you have a UPS account, check it out.

I also received the same postcard a few weeks ago. I didn’t give it much thought because I don’t have a UPS account but maybe I should check into getting one.:D

Welcome to the Mater!:)

If UPS invested in TV commercials for Vandy's team like they do for Jarrett. Then I would consider them a GOOD sponsor!:rolleyes:

Joe,

If UPS offering a discount to any NHRA members with an account doesn't do it for you, then I guess there’s no pleasing you. Quick, name another Sponsor that offers discounts just for being a member...................That's what I thought.

As for the commercials that they do with Jarrett. If you knew anything about it at all, you would know that UPS was on the car for over a year before they started the ad campaign. They took the time to learn the sport and design a campaign that would be entertaining and appealing not just to NASCAR fans, but the general public as well. UPS is a company that plans and thinks long term, just take a breath, there are things in the works.

My little company doesn’t do a lot of shipping, but everything that leaves my shop leaves in “The Big Brown Truck” simply because of their involvement with our sport.

When you start Joe Sherwood racing, and a sponsor comes along why don’t you tell them that giving you a couple million won’t get it done unless they are willing to spend a couple million more on an ad campaign starting tomorrow. Let me know how that works out for you.

Alan

wow both barrels ! Alan...... I thint the guy was just saying hed like to see some drag car commercials as well as the nascar stuff

My little company doesn’t do a lot of shipping, but everything that leaves my shop leaves in “The Big Brown Truck” simply because of their involvement with our sport.

And that is the entire point of sponsorship...to generate business for the sponsoring company.

Companies are not sponsors to promote drag racing or a specific driver. They are sponsors to generate business. To me, this sounds like UPS is doing what it should be doing.

Jim

As long as Bob Vandergriff can cash those big brown checks to run the team, UPS is doing all that anyone can ask of a sponsor. And FWIW, as long as the UPS logo stays on the side of Bob's fueler, this fan's shipping dollars will be spent on UPS. :)

talked to a member of the UPS crew earlier this year; about their
team, future plans for the team, and most importantly about UPS's
aspirations as a new sponsor on the NHRA stage.
Based on what i was told and what i have previously read about UPS
and 'insourcing'; there is no doubt this is designed as a long-term
deal - My hat is off to Bob Vandergriff for introducing this international
company to the sport of NHRA drag racing.

Joe,

If UPS offering a discount to any NHRA members with an account doesn't do it for you, then I guess there’s no pleasing you. Quick, name another Sponsor that offers discounts just for being a member...................That's what I thought.

As for the commercials that they do with Jarrett. If you knew anything about it at all, you would know that UPS was on the car for over a year before they started the ad campaign. They took the time to learn the sport and design a campaign that would be entertaining and appealing not just to NASCAR fans, but the general public as well. UPS is a company that plans and thinks long term, just take a breath, there are things in the works.

When you start Joe Sherwood racing, and a sponsor comes along why don’t you tell them that giving you a couple million won’t get it done unless they are willing to spend a couple million more on an ad campaign starting tomorrow. Let me know how that works out for you.

Alan

Since I'm not an NHRA member I guess my argument's irrellevent (sp?) it just seems that every Sponsor that has any Nascar/NHRA crossover. Drag racing gets merly scraps when it comes to promotion and Marketing. Only exception I can think of is Maybe Lucas oil....:rolleyes:

Since I'm not an NHRA member I guess my argument's irrellevent (sp?) it just seems that every Sponsor that has any Nascar/NHRA crossover. Drag racing gets merly scraps when it comes to promotion and Marketing. Only exception I can think of is Maybe Lucas oil....:rolleyes:

You'd be correct Joe. Nascar gets all the love, and even though I am a hard core drag racing fanatic, Nascar deserves it. Nascar and NHRA are totally different. Nascar has almost half a million people show up for a race over the weekend, over 200k on Sundays at most venues. What does the NHRA national event draw? 50k all 4 days? Nascar is mainstream. Its the #2 watched sport in the world only behind the NFL. Drag Racing isint even close to being Nascar and frankly it never will so sponsors ofcourse are going to spend more $$$ on Nascar promotions and marketing campaigns than on NHRA. It just makes since. Now, I am with you though that it does seem alot of sponsors in our sport put there name on the side of a car and thats it. No promotions, no commercials, etc. and I think thats a big mistake from a business standpoint, but the main thing is, they are sponsoring a car we love to watch. So give and take, but you are correct.

When you start Joe Sherwood racing, and a sponsor comes along why don’t you tell them that giving you a couple million won’t get it done unless they are willing to spend a couple million more on an ad campaign starting tomorrow.

Joe,

Can I drive for you?

Paul ;)

As for the commercials that they do with Jarrett...UPS was on the car for over a year before they started the ad campaign. They took the time to learn the sport and design a campaign that would be entertaining and appealing not just to NASCAR fans, but the general public as well. UPS is a company that plans and thinks long term...

That's very true. And with Jarrett probably retiring in a couple of years UPS will undoubtedly be looking for a new ad campaign that might very well include the UPS sponsored dragster in some clever way.

You'd be correct Joe. Nascar gets all the love, and even though I am a hard core drag racing fanatic, Nascar deserves it. Nascar and NHRA are totally different. Nascar has almost half a million people show up for a race over the weekend, over 200k on Sundays at most venues. What does the NHRA national event draw? 50k all 4 days? Nascar is mainstream. Its the #2 watched sport in the world only behind the NFL. Drag Racing isint even close to being Nascar and frankly it never will so sponsors ofcourse are going to spend more $$$ on Nascar promotions and marketing campaigns than on NHRA. It just makes since. Now, I am with you though that it does seem alot of sponsors in our sport put there name on the side of a car and thats it. No promotions, no commercials, etc. and I think thats a big mistake from a business standpoint, but the main thing is, they are sponsoring a car we love to watch. So give and take, but you are correct.

If any NHRA National only drew 50,000 for 4 days they don't deserve a Natl. event period! I don't think any track draws that poorly unless the weather's shit!:confused:

Now that IS cool! I ship regularly with UPS and have had an account for about 25 years. Some of what I ship I bill the shipping charges to the customer, but much of it is included in a flat rate charge for the product. Anything that can lower my costs of doing biz helps! I'll be signing up tomorrow. :)

I'll sign up tomorrow!!! That's awesome. I think I might have gotten the post card but paid no mind to it. I could have racked up some cash already!!

That is pretty neat. We use UPS where I work alot too. But I don't think I myself can register since the account is in the company name. We have the worst luck with FEDEX. UPS simply provides better service 9 times out of 10. We order alot of time-critical last minute aircraft parts early AM from all over the country. Fedex drops the ball too many times. Thier excuse is always "bad weather in Memphis". So UPS gets my vote any day of the week.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back