UPS Now that's what I call a sponsor! (1 Viewer)

"name another Sponsor that offers discounts just for being a member"

Jegs with a membership..Summit with a competetion license and pretty good ones too.

I ship my parts UPS just because they sponsor motorsports.It is probably one of the only companies that I do things with just because the are involved.

From everything I've seen - that number is pretty accurate - Indy excluded

Far from it! I'll bet you Dallas, Gainesville, Indy and Pomona get damn near close to 80,000 for the weekend weather cooperating of course. Gainesville and Pomona get a good 30,000+ on Sat/Sun.

NHRA used to post numbers like 115-120,000 for some races! Most tracks, full stands Fri-Sun couldn't match those figures.

Last edited:
Man, makes me wish I'd been using UPS all this time. We do a ton of shipping everyday and I started using FedEx a year ago when we moved to our new location just because of the convenience of having a drop area so close by. Oh well, it's a great program, and I can imagine the rebates can be substantial for company's that do a decent amount of shipping.

back in early 90's, nat. dragster used to post attendance figures over
entire weekend. i believe they reported 105,000 at BIR one year (pre-colonel)

UPS has extremely high prices for shipping. My company used to use them until DHL came along and does the same service for about 40% less than UPS. One example: Overnite envelope to TX, UPS roughly $22, DHL about $12.
I love NHRA and try support them whenever I can but when I am spending $10 to $15K per year on 3rd party couriers, I look for the lowest price. Now if they were within 10% or less of DHL, I would stick with UPS but for the past year I have not had a single problem with DHL.

I went on their site, signed up and have already received enough rebates to pay my way to national events plus. If you have a UPS account, check it out.

I can't find anything on the UPS site about this. The site search only gives you racing press releses. Can you give a link?
thanx

A year or so ago Ennis anounced 130,000 over the three day period .
I checked and that did include sportsman crew and paid family attendance and of course general admission.
NHRA nationals are just as exiciting during qualifying as in the finals . That's a big difference in the two enity's.
Go to NASCAR or INDY qualifying and there is a noticeable lack of excitement [ and people ].
So add it up and if NHRA had the promo and Air coverage NASCAR has it would be a close second.
I believe people like Smith and Knoll believe that to be true.
A lack of leadership or a maintain the statis Quo on Glendora's part has kept NHRA in the background as a sleeper for years and others stated mission is to take Drag Racing to the next level .
The Brown truck with the flames has been a fixture around the circuit for a few years now and I am very happy to see UPS take the next step.

I need some help.
I need to ship a package from the starting line at Pomona to the shutdown area. But the thing is, overnight red is too slow.
I need to send it in 4.49 seconds. Does UPS have a delivery vehicle that can help me out?:D :cool:

Brian - thanks for the link! 30% - WOW!!! We average about $2K a month, and it can get much higher when Pro teams order Hero cards on Wednesday that need to be to the track on Friday.
Kudos to Bob for landing this great sponsor and for providing NHRA members with a HUGE benefit! Now . . . we need to talk about Brown Hero Cards :D

Now where are the "New Mater" whiners? See, you even can save money on the new Mater! How can you beat that? Membership does have it's benefits!

Joe,

If UPS offering a discount to any NHRA members with an account doesn't do it for you, then I guess there’s no pleasing you. Quick, name another Sponsor that offers discounts just for being a member...................That's what I thought.

As for the commercials that they do with Jarrett. If you knew anything about it at all, you would know that UPS was on the car for over a year before they started the ad campaign. They took the time to learn the sport and design a campaign that would be entertaining and appealing not just to NASCAR fans, but the general public as well. UPS is a company that plans and thinks long term, just take a breath, there are things in the works.

My little company doesn’t do a lot of shipping, but everything that leaves my shop leaves in “The Big Brown Truck” simply because of their involvement with our sport.

When you start Joe Sherwood racing, and a sponsor comes along why don’t you tell them that giving you a couple million won’t get it done unless they are willing to spend a couple million more on an ad campaign starting tomorrow. Let me know how that works out for you.

Alan

motel 6 with membership

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back