Thank you Jon Asher (1 Viewer)

Tim5636sc

Nitro Member
In a thread here on Nitromater.com last month, Mr. Jon Asher posed a question as to the definition of an obscure term, "Lampington's Disease" and stated the first person to post a correct answer would win "a prize".

Well, I was fortunate enough to be watching an old movie earlier in the week called "Last Holiday", staring my all time favorite actor Sir Alec Guiness and correctly guessed that the term was in fact a fictional disease.

List of fictional diseases - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (scroll down to "in Film" section to learn more about Lampington's....

Anyway, Mr. Asher, to his word offered me a 'prize'. My choice of either any picture of any racer over the past few years, or something of historical significance. Well, know Mr. Asher's experience in Drag Racing, I chose option "B"....

Today in the mail I received a large envelope from the World HQ of Asher Enterprises. Inside this was a book titled "John Force - The straight story of drag racing's 300-mph superstar." Written by Erik Arneson with Photography from....Jon Asher.

The book is a great one which follow's Force's rise from his days racing in So. Cal to Australia, and back, to become the most successful drag racer in history. And as much as I am going to truly enjoy the content (and great photo's by not only Asher but Ron Lewis, Jeff Burk, Steve Reyes and others) what means most to me is the personal inscription on the inside cover from Mr. Asher. What was written is not important, but it put things, especially the past few years of my life into perspective.

So, thank you Jon. Thank you for not only the great book, but the help you have provided me for the past few years...and motivation to keep "fighting the good fight".

Here is to Lampington's Disease!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back