Excellent Jon Asher article at Comp Plus (1 Viewer)

good read. jon has a good sense of whats going on. he's been there and done that. heh jon bring back the jade gernade!

Wow, great article but I pray it's not as bad as everyone's predicting! As one who attends a lot of races I have no room to complain about ticket prices! I hear from a LOT of people who just say it's too expensive to take the family to the track, and this was 4-5 years ago I was hearing this!

The ADRL will most likely become a more cost effective option for many Drag race fans in '09, who can blame them. Get in Free? How often do we hear that about anything anymore? But I'm sure that "IF" we only see 13-14 cars in TF/FC come Feb. at Pomona, we'll know it's gonna be a tough year!:confused:

Now, the following is just my opinion, ans since I'm not one of the Mater insiders, take it for what it's worth. Not much. Asher and Burk (sp) have, for the last few years been the chicken littles of NHRA. Eventually, the sky may fall, if you keep preaching it. As for myself and Mo, we will be going to 6 to 8 national events again this coming year, and I guarantee you, we will enjoy ourselves. :D

Maybe someone should show the sponsors this.

.....studies have demonstrated that during times of recession, companies that maintain advertising during these periods experience higher sales and profits during the downturns and afterward than companies who cut their advertising budgets.

By the time 1939 rolled around, P&G was sponsoring 21 radio programs and they doubled their radio advertising budget every two years during the Depression.

Google Answers: Successful companies and industries during the Great Depression

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back