TF gone (3 Viewers)

I hate it when anyone leaves the sport. But being a big underdog fan the positive of it is maybe it will help some of the lesser budgeted teams qualify more often. Personally I prefer to watch Chrisman, Greek, Salinas, Diehl, Bode etc race than the big money guys.

Copart had to cut funding.

Did you notice last year they had dollars to spend in nascar racing and this year nothing.

it's too bad really so many companies promote with false promise, but they know racers are 'easy' when it comes to new money so they'll promise the world and lucky to deliver half; contracts not worth the weight of the paper they are written on.

did anyone really think, after 30 yrs. with budweiser, that the next sponsor,
an automotive outfit most of us had never heard of and were using motorsports
to introduce and establish their brand, would magically be the Bernstein's
next multiple year sponsor? ..... another in a long line of short lived
sponsors

it's too bad really so many companies promote with false promise, but they know racers are 'easy' when it comes to new money so they'll promise the world and lucky to deliver half; contracts not worth the weight of the paper they are written on.

sponsors

Just playing devils advocate here--but maybe--just maybe-the sponsorship was performance related? Its not like Brandon got lots of face time the last 2 seasons.

sponsors

It doesn't look like this was Copart cutting the sponsorship, but more like Kenny deciding enough was enough.“Copart was supportive of our decision and we’re very grateful to CEO Jay Adair and President Vinnie Mitz for giving us their blessing and allowing us to step away from the sport,” continued Bernstein. "

if adequate funding was still in place, why does brandon not want to carry on
bernstein racing and establish his own name? dad/girlfriend free to leave.
that being said - retirement from a 30+ year career on the drag strip is
really something amazing - kenny joining an elite group that have been able
to do this.

if adequate funding was still in place, why does brandon not want to carry onbernstein racing and establish his own name?

Bernstein racing is Kenny Bernstein. Not taking anything away from Brandon, but once Dad's gone, there's not much left to interest Copart or anyone else.

They've had a hell of a run, despite fading as of late. I wish all of them the best.

Bernstein racing is Kenny Bernstein.......

maybe, but to a younger set, i'd argue they noticed brandon well before his
dad, much less comprehend or understand dad's accomplishments.
(but then again it's still the grey hairs @ the races - a problem)

it's really kind of disappointing the kid can not carry on a legacy.
maybe he truly doesn't want to? odd he still wants to be in sport though.

Brandon / J.R. Todd 2-car team would be a hit, although they would face the
same challenge they have already - lack of performance.

My prediction is that if you can't beat them join them. MY GUESS and this is not a rumor just a hunch that Brandon will take the Copart money over to DSR and drive a DSR prepared car. I'm sure Kenny read the tea leaves and decided that's the future and he's tired of trying to compete with the multi car teams, over length trailers and everything else going on in the sport these days. It makes sense to me anyway.

My prediction is that if you can't beat them join them. MY GUESS and this is not a rumor just a hunch that Brandon will take the Copart money over to DSR and drive a DSR prepared car. I'm sure Kenny read the tea leaves and decided that's the future and he's tired of trying to compete with the multi car teams, over length trailers and everything else going on in the sport these days. It makes sense to me anyway.

Rich I have no clue about the first. But the latter, YES! Kenny has given his life to this sport and auto racing in general. I hope he enjoys whatever his next move is! By gosh he deserves it.

Don't hold your breath!

the worst part of all this is now there is one less competetive team in the top fuel ranks for next year which means in 2012 we'll probobly see more Don Shumacher /Alan Johnson match racing every sunday !!

2012 will be as competitive as ever with the likelyhood of 6-7 cars
heading the field and leaving one or two less spots to be filled by indy.
if kalitta, vandergriff and mcmillen can run with the top dogs next year;
2012 will be unlike any season of recent memory.

we'll probobly see more Don Shumacher /Alan Johnson match racing every sunday !!

Point taken but if an AJR/DSR match race winds up being as good as the final round was in Pomona, bring it....

We lose a team and that's sad, but if you'll notice there's several new teams out there which will at least ensure a complete field come race day. They're not competitive yet, but hey, everyone has to start somewhere.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back