TF gone (1 Viewer)

Jer

Nitro Member
Rumor on another website saying that a tf owner is retiring following an announcement sunday afetr they lost,i sure hope it isnt Bernstein

Rumor on another website saying that a tf owner is retiring following an announcement sunday afetr they lost,i sure hope it isnt Bernstein

I'd hope so too, but who is left?? I don't see anybody else in the top 10 parking.

Unless...

It was Forest Lucas.

If all the rumors are true, I would see AJ keeping all his stuff, and those 2 cars and crews running how they are just swapping Mogan for Del and keep right on trucking.

I heard a rumor in the pits after the race was over last night that Bernstein told everyone they were done.

Kenny Bernstien is retiring from the sport. No news about Brandon or Copart.

:::Drag Racing Online::: Agent 1320 - 11/11/2011

Go figure, the story was there a few minutes ago, they were probably asked to take it down. basically it said that after they were eliminated yesterday, Kenny announced to his team that he was done, and put all of his equipment up for sale last night at the year end Copart banquet.

7ca01278.jpg

Last edited:
I suspect Kenny Bernstein is way to much of a professional to leave this sport in such a degrading manner. I would more expect a professional news release from KBR to all concerned parties.
Therefore until I hear it in this manner I have to call BS on this report.:rolleyes:

Heard from a crew member last night that every one was let go. Many other surprising things are in the works for many teams, but decisions are being changed as we speak. It will be interesting to see how it all comes out in January.

This type of silly season action happens every year.

I suspect Kenny Bernstein is way to much of a professional to leave this sport in such a degrading manner. I would more expect a professional news release from KBR to all concerned parties.
Therefore until I hear it in this manner I have to call BS on this report.:rolleyes:

What does Kenny owe to you or anyone else?

If this is true, and it appears to be the case, best wishes to everyone.

copart website makes no mention of motorsport programs or sponsorships;
wanna' say it used to but can't remember.

That's a little different story than what was up there earlier. But this one explains the lack of funding.

If it is Bernstein, you can hardly blame the guy. He sunk a ton of funds into the program. Bought everything the crew chiefs said they needed and got less than stellar results. I say "thanks for the memories" and happy trails on the big ol' Clydesdale.

Sadness. I can't fathom a Bernstein car not being out there any longer. I also am not going to be able to stomach Del not being out there next year....and he's the CHAMP!!!

Lot's of mixed emotions right now.

Last edited:
Its only drag racing, you will live another day and the sun will come up tomorrow.

Sadness. I can't fathom a Bernstein car not being out there any longer. I also am not going to be able to stomach Del not being out there next year....and he's the CHAMP!!!

Lot's of mixed emotions right now.

i never thought the duo of Bender and Smith could put the team where it needs to be.

to be honest with you bruce, i feel the same way about other teams; the
top 5 this year are alan johnson cars and residual alan johnson cars, and
have been since alan left DSR.... this is not a negative comment towards
DSR crewchiefs - they are brilliant, but IMO operate and manage some form
of a AJR baseline.

Lee Beard was impressive with Powers before being absorbed by DSR

Kenny needs to drive, or hire someone who can. Brandon Bernstein wasn't before, isn't now and never will be a drag racer. Same can be said for Morgan Lucas, who is putting Del Worsham out of a job. Ok fan boys/girls, have at me!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back