Bob Newberry (1 Viewer)

Nunz

Nitro Member
The Agent over at DRO says there's a rumor that Bob is selling everything and retiring. I hope that's not true. Anyone hear what's up with Newb?

Bob is in florida now has been for a while
his daughter raises or shows horses, i believe he told me this a while back

Bob is going to be at Valdosta Ga. this Thursday. He has sold his car and the buyer is going to be getting his license. I don't know if he sold everything or not. A friend of mine is signing the guys license.

If he is, in fact, retiring from the sport, I'm going to miss him. Growing up in Joisey and spending my summers at E-Town I watched some classic races between Newbs & Ace... In fact, I was there when he burned it to the ground in the mid-eighties. He was (is) a great competitor and was (is) great for the sport.

This is sad news. He was one of my favorite alky racers. But I hope he enjoys retirement.

I always liked Newbs. He was not one for the limelight, but over the years he has won a ton of races and built some great product for his customers. I'll miss him if he is retiring.

I have followed him for a long time, from F/G to comp then on to the funny car at lebanon valley. I was also there when he won his world comp championship at ontario. I was so mad when bartone beat him by 1 point for the ta/fc Championship

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back