Suggestions for March Meet '08 (1 Viewer)

n/a

Nitro Member
Since we've never been to Bakersfield or the race track, we are looking for suggestions from those that have; any ideas or experiences for motels / hotels; rental cars; restaurants; etc, etc.

Let us know. Thanks! Larry

The Hilton Garden Inn is decent; it's fairly new and the rooms have internet access, a microwave, and a fridge. Prices for that March weekend have gone up since I made my reservations in November, but it still is a pretty good value for the amenities that they provide.

Hilton Garden Inn Bakersfield
3625 Marriott Drive, Bakersfield, California, USA 93308
Tel: +1-661-716 1000 Fax: +1-661-716 1050

Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Bakersfield California - Bakersfield, CA Hotels

The Hilton Garden is nice place. I hope you can still get a room there, might be a little late.

Come on Mike,,don't hold out on the guy. You forgot to mention Milt's for eating. :D At the CHHR we ended up there for every meal I think.

I stayed at the Sleep Inn, just off Olive Ave in Bakersfield. Decent place the number there is 661-399-2100. I am booked in there again for the MM.

Call Enterprise for the rental. Just use the 800 number and book ahead of time.

Good Luck, See you guys out there. :cool:

Rapid

The "Goose Loonies" sports bar used to be a fun place to party; they had great food and a barber chair for doing tequila shots, and you used to throw your peanut shells on the floor. It's called Kosmo's now; I haven't been there since the name change so I can't vouch for whether or not it is still any good; I don't think you can throw your peanut shells on the floor anymore and I didn't see the barber chair in their virtual tour.

http://www.kosmosrestaurant.com/

:( Just don't go to the Sleezy 8 off Olive. It's turned into a dump.

The Red Lion isn't bad, it has a lounge and a breakfast buffet.
The Hungry Hunter is a must for dinner at least one night. The prime rib is excellent.
If you like fried chicken, pot roast, meat loaf and family style eating, across the street from Milt's is a family buffet that is very good. I just can't think of the name right now. You can't miss the big sign as you get off on Olive. :confused:

All these places to eat and nobody says a word about Hodels Buffet across from Milts?:):p:D:rolleyes:

All these places to eat and nobody says a word about Hodels Buffet across from Milts?):p:D:rolleyes:

Smartass!:D Sorry to go off topic here; Mike, seeing as you live in Murrieta, if you have never been to "The Bangkok Chef" in Temecula, you need to go there ASAP and check it out! I used to live over that way and that was by far my favorite restaurant in that area; it's just off of Jefferson/Winchester. Even though I am lucky if I make it there every two or three years, the owner always remembers me; he doesn't even take my order; he just greets me and yells at the cook to tell him to make the fish "#4 hot Thai spicy"; after that he seats me and brings me a Thai beer. It's the best Thai food that I have ever had!

Hodel's Country Dining - Bakersfield

The doubletree is where they do stuff too. Mini-cacklefests and meetings.

Zingo's diner is racer freindly.

In & Out burgers on Panama lane also has a mini-cacklefest after the races.

See you guys there.

The doubletree is where they do stuff too. Mini-cacklefests and meetings.

Zingo's diner is racer freindly.

In & Out burgers on Panama lane also has a mini-cacklefest after the races.

See you guys there.

I second In-N-Out Burger; if you live outside of California/Arizona/Nevada, In-N-Out Burger should be a priority for at least two meals.

I second In-N-Out Burger; if you live outside of California/Arizona/Nevada, In-N-Out Burger should be a priority for at least two meals.

Thanks guys for the input... not sure about the inclusion here of Temecula & Thia food... Must be an inside joke?

We'll never pass an In & Out if they are around.
I-10 & Vineyard there in Ontario...
There's another up on Foothill in Upland or Rancho C...
the HQ...
the one in Vegas off the strip...
the one off of I-10 @ Awatukee.

Any additional hints or misses about Famosa / Bkrs'field please post up.

Thanks!! Larry

If you're coming up the 99 from SoCal, you can get off the 99 at
Lerdo hwy. There is a chevron gas station there and a little Mexican restaurant, go past them a very short ways, and hang a left on Zerker road.

Google Maps

This is more scenic (you go thru the orchards and groves) than 99. You will t-bone Famoso road and hang a right. The track is up the road just a bit, there a 3 entrances:
The 1st one you will come across is for racers/participants, and the other 2 for spectators.

This is the main ticket entrance in the middle:

CHRR1002.jpg

100 or so feet to the left, will probably be another entrance/ticket booth.

re: Panama lane exit. There is cheap gas at the am/pm to the right.

All these places to eat and nobody says a word about Hodels Buffet across from Milts?:):p:D:

:p That's the name I couldn't remember. It's hell getting old and not remembering names. I know how to get there but I don't remember why I was going.

"Hiilary Special"
2 large thighs
small breast
left wing

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back