Bakersfield march meet 2023 (1 Viewer)

Well seeing as I started this thread I would like to thank everyone for the replies and useful advice. It is my first time at Bakersfield and if I make it there through these horrible conditions I will be over the moon. I fly tomorrow (Monday) and staying near LAX for the first night and then hopefully travel up to Bakersfield on Tuesday if conditions allow.
Come and say hi if you see me, I'll be the one in a Santapod raceway fleece trying to keep warm 🙂

Paul,

Driving up from LAX should give you a nice scenic trip by Tuesday. In fact, it would be better Tuesday than on Wednesday as it expected to snow again then.

If you're going to be around the LA area the following weekend, another Gathering of The Geezers will happen on Sunday. Don Preito's Taco Nationals lunch get together in Torrance (15 minutes south of LAX) is scheduled and you can come as my guest.

With the approaching March Meet this week, the folks at Auto Imagery have been posting photos of the T/F class from '73 on their Facebook page. Check these out;

Today it was Funny Cars including Dale Pulde in the "Eastern Raider" Mustang. I want to say this is '75 though.

the March Meet is a go. Race teams started loading in yesterday. There might be some cars running down the track today in test sessions, but more rain this afternoon.

Mike English is excited to get breakfasts at Zingo's while stay at the Vagabond.

Check that, just read that the Grapevine is currently closed due to snow and ice on the road from the south.

Last edited:
Hope the weather gets better as early as possible. It is going to take a while to dry things out and highs in the low 50's for a few hours expected. On the other side of the Hill here in Wofford Heights it is misting Snow with Blizzard warnings. Using a Ship analogy it's "Cold enough to freeze the Balls off a Brass Monkey" here. Wind chills in the teens.
the March Meet is a go. Race teams started loading in yesterday. There might be some cars running down the track today in test sessions, but more rain this afternoon.

Mike English is excited to get breakfasts at Zingo's while stay at the Vagabond.

Check that, just read that the Grapevine is currently closed due to snow and ice on the road from

Zingo’s is pretty good but Copes Knotty Pine is really good. It is at 1530 Norris Road and is on the way just off the 99.

Biggest IF is whether or not several teams can get here. So many routes closed due to snow, ice or high winds.
fuel car pits are still pretty empty although it is only Wednesday

Hope the weather gets better as early as possible. It is going to take a while to dry things out and highs in the low 50's for a few hours expected. On the other side of the Hill here in Wofford Heights it is misting Snow with Blizzard warnings. Using a Ship analogy it's "Cold enough to freeze the Balls off a Brass Monkey" here. Wind chills in the teens.

Zingo’s is pretty good but Copes Knotty Pine is really good. It is at 1530 Norris Road and is on the way just off the 99.
I agree Knotty Pine before Zingos. But since I live here I can eat wherever and whenever I want. If coming from out of town you gotta hit Zingos just to say you did.

Thanks Roger for the recommendations of Knotty Pines and Zingos. Will have to try both as Dennys is a bit underwhelming

I agree Knotty Pine before Zingos. But since I live here I can eat wherever and whenever I want. If coming from out of town you gotta hit Zingos just to say you did.
I ate at Zingo's and survived. 😆

Have not tried Knotty Pine before, so we'll put it on the list for the end of April.

Milt's is our standard go to for breakfast and dinner. Sometimes Denny's because it covenant and close to the hotel, but yes underwhelming.

I ate at Zingo's and survived. 😆

Have not tried Knotty Pine before, so we'll put it on the list for the end of April.

Milt's is our standard go to for breakfast and dinner. Sometimes Denny's because it covenant and close to the hotel, but yes underwhelming.
Knotty Pine is mostly an early place. Their hours are 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM Breakfast is their specialty.

For those fans of Nostaglia nitro outside Cali/US, is anyone providing a LIve stream of the March Meet? Havent found anything which would be a shame, but the Baby Gators, before the Big Show next weekend isn't a bad option.

For those fans of Nostaglia nitro outside Cali/US, is anyone providing a LIve stream of the March Meet? Havent found anything which would be a shame, but the Baby Gators, before the Big Show next weekend isn't a bad option.

If you're on Facebook, you can tune in on Frank TV. Good thing watching after it's over is that you can speed past the down time. Today was for time trials for the nitro cars.

Paul,

Driving up from LAX should give you a nice scenic trip by Tuesday. In fact, it would be better Tuesday than on Wednesday as it expected to snow again then.

If you're going to be around the LA area the following weekend, another Gathering of The Geezers will happen on Sunday. Don Preito's Taco Nationals lunch get together in Torrance (15 minutes south of LAX) is scheduled and you can come as my guest.
Gino, that is most kind of you. Unfortunately I fly back to the UK the Monday after the March meeting 😪

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back