Story Behind The Monstrut Controversy (1 Viewer)

It's a freakin whale tail...
I'd have to say that a LOT of time, work and $$ went into this... Now turn out the lights Jim and do not answer the knocks on the door, even if they demand entry... FBI NHRA etc...
Thanks Kelly:D

Last edited:
And the first web pictures of the monostrut come from Jim's little digital camera! Thanks Jim and thanks Kelly for posting so quick.

I like it, I think I'm going to order one for my Yukon. Show the rice burners what a REAL wing is supposed to look like !

lol, "whale tail" is an excellent name for it!

I'd have to say that a LOT of time work and $$ went into this... Now turn out the lights Jim and do not answer the knocks on the door, even if they demand entry... FBI

Yeah, and to refer back to the issues around sponsorship space and so forth, I think the question has certainly been answered - It definitely has room to show off a sponsors colors, huh?

Though I'm not necessarily "in the know" about what happened between Mike Kloeber, Brad Hadman & David Powers I will say this: The only two names I've ever heard mentioned in the same sentence with Top Fuel Mono-Strut Wings prior to today were Big Daddy Don Garlits & Mike Kloeber. Period. My point being, in my humble mind MIKE KLOEBER designed it, no matter who wrote a check first - It's Mike Kloeber who I will always associate with, as it's been dubbed - The Whale Tail.

Way to go Mike - now NHRA needs to wake up and allow the damn thing already!

Congratulations MIKE KLOEBER on an outstanding design...
I can see why you are so passionate about this being your baby so to speak... Outstanding all around...
I got atleast 3 hours of looking to do here...
WOW!!

Hey, I wonder if I can get Sea World to fund a Shamu dragster for me??? ;) Paint it black with a little white up front, and it looks just like an ORCA WHALE.

Mike "The Whale Tail" Kloeber..

Not really knowing anything but what I read..it just sounded shady to me. A phone call from Hadman letting Mike know this had happened??

Jeez..Had-man..agreed..it was intellectual property..but good gawd..show Mike a little respect. It would be nice to see it NOT about the $ when it comes to good work being done.

Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth I guess..and to have it all come down to a dollar (or 3).

I just hope when it's all said and done..if this car is successful and approved (we'll see about that huh?) that credit is given where due. I'm sure Mike would mention Garlits don't ya think?

Hey, I wonder if I can get Sea World to fund a Shamu dragster for me??? ;) Paint it black with a little white up front, and it looks just like an ORCA WHALE.
Hey ya never know..new car..new scheme..

Hey congrats on that Erica..way cool and wishing the best in '07 for you.

I'd have to say that a LOT of time, work and $$ went into this... Now turn out the lights Jim and do not answer the knocks on the door, even if they demand entry... FBI NHRA etc...

Ray - the jpegs are much clearer that the posts! If you're interested :)rolleyes: ) and beg nicely, I just might email them to you - let me know!

Kelly
If it was'nt for you dear, we would still be wondering...
You need anything? A foot rub? another glass of wine?
Thanks so much luv...;) :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back