Story Behind The Monstrut Controversy (1 Viewer)

I watched all 25 minutes of Kloeber again to make sure I had my facts straight... That being said, I have ALWAYS felt that Mike Kloeber is the nicest and classiest guys that has ever been involved in this sport... He is not going to get what he wants in this deal though, and that is very very sad!! Don Garlits will ALWAYS be the first to make a true monostrut wing configuration work, without I think it is safe to say, all of the Indy Car/F-1, Boeing, NASA, you name the initials, support or input... Mike is going to have to let this go, as hard as that may be, for the better of the sport as a whole... Safety being #1... This cannot be tied up in courts for several years as our hero's, friends, and loved ones, make pass after pass with this huge problem that the conventional wingstand that we have now, looms behind the driver waiting for the right/wrong circumstance to happen again... I don't want to miss anyone ever again because of this issue... RIP D.R.:mad: I'm really sorry about all this Mike... Alot of things should never happen...

Kloeber is an awesome gentlemen....helped him in 86 w/ Grose.....
Mike knew people were after this 16-18 mos ago....should've had a CA (confidentiality agreement) signed by everyone involved....ALWAYS in business....
I buy small business' and always have to sign a CA...normal part of economics 101...

Bob...good point and I agree and those words and others can be broken down and deciphered in court in both directions......

Court is all about who has more ammo....no morals allowed...

Been there and will be there again...no biggie

Susan does a great job with those interviews. The subjects seem to be very comfortable talking to her.

To answer a few questions - the carbon fiber vertical element is HUGE! It extends over the chutes and has a sculptured area behind them, Very unusual
feature - the trailing edge is a piano hinge! Appears the pin can be pulled out to remove the carbon fiber "wrap" from the struts.

After the first run (which appeared to be VERY stable) with everything in place, the team was placing "Helicopter Tape" on the seam between the vertical element and the bottom of the wing.
I have ten good detail photos of the wing and one of two guys you might recognize discussing something. If someone could help me post them, I think you would all be very interested. Let me know if you want to help - Jim

Try PM Kelly Holmes, she has helped others get the impossible up... She SEEMS very nice as well... lol
Love ya K.:D

Monostrut photos - need help posting

I have ten very clear photos of the wing and one of two guys you might recognize having an animated discussion about something.
Just haven't had time to get the photo posting thing done (remember, it took me years to gat an avatar up!). If I can email them to someone who could post them quickly, I think everyone will be very interested! Let me know - Jim

Re: Monostrut photos - need help posting

I figured she would be staring at that Ron Capps photo for at least another hour... LOL:D Thanks sweetie:p Hey now!

No problem Bro!!
Appreciate the shots ahead of time...
I'm not sure you know what you really have on that chip...
EVERYONE wants to see this... O.K. maybe it's just me...

No problem Bro!!
Appreciate the shots ahead of time...
I'm not sure you know what you really have on that chip...
EVERYONE wants to see this... O.K. maybe it's just me...

Trust me - I know. However, I talked to someone with a lot of knowledge on carbon fiber fabrication. There is only one mould and these have to be hand laid and then autoclaved to cure. IF (a big one!) NHRA approved this, it could take weeks just to produce enough for just Hadman's chassis. We have no idea how it is actually mounted to the chassis (or possibly the rear end ala Garlits). It is exciting - but I wouldn't hold my breath

Here ya go....
DSCF0165.JPG

DSCF0166.JPG

DSCF0167.JPG

DSCF0168.JPG

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back