Steve Chrisman, Grant Downing VS John Force's scooter (2 Viewers)

Like it or not, Force is an icon of the sport!!!!!! So quit whining about it and just deal with it. If you don't like it, don't watch. Like i used to say when Whit started his cryin', WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH SHUT UP ALREADY!!!!!

WoW:eek: We ALL know that John is an icon in the sport. We just don't need to see JFR 24/7/365. I am a Force fan so don't think I'm hating.
I'm not, but I have to say when Sunday's show came on and they started talking about the mileage on the scooter more time than not I seriously had to turn it off. It seemed to me that NHRA has sunk to a new low! It's a shame. I live for my racing but I couldn't stand it anymore. I gave up and just looked for the results on the internet.

As for the Whit comment....aw, never mind...I'm sure you'll have a more mature comeback. ;)

HOW MANY MILES WILL THIS BE GOOD FOR?
mechanics_suspension_fat_motorcycle.jpg

That's funny as hell!!!!!!! :eek: That will derail this thread.

WoW:eek: We ALL know that John is an icon in the sport. We just don't need to see JFR 24/7/365. I am a Force fan so don't think I'm hating.
I'm not, but I have to say when Sunday's show came on and they started talking about the mileage on the scooter more time than not I seriously had to turn it off. It seemed to me that NHRA has sunk to a new low! It's a shame. I live for my racing but I couldn't stand it anymore. I gave up and just looked for the results on the internet.

As for the Whit comment....aw, never mind...I'm sure you'll have a more mature comeback. ;)

I just love DRAMA!!!!!!!! Bring up Force and Baze in the same sentence and you will get all kinds of drama!!!!! I love it.............................:rolleyes:

Yeah, anytime someone doesn't like a driver, it's always the crew chief that gets the credit.........................:rolleyes:

Haven't you noticed that? Take Tony Schumacher. People who don't like him said last year (actually for the last 5 championships) that it was all AJ. Well now he is still winning races without AJ.

And Dixon.... please don't tell me that Jason is making 100% of the tuning calls. I don't believe that for a second. And this is coming from a big Dixon fan.

Ashley Force may not be the best driver around but she has certainly improved night and day since 2007. It helps having two great CC's, but being a good shoe certainly helps the cause.

Again, Cruz is in 11th right now Ashley is in 2nd. While Cruz isn't a bad driver, only thing Ashley is guilty of is cutting sometimes bad lights (which can always be improved, and she's doing that).

The sad thing is, Lori, it all started with me sayin' Ashley was a GOOD driver................... reinforces what I just said!!!!!!!!

Let an innocent bystander jump in for a moment, First of all this isn't an "Ashley is a good driver thread" (again) its an ESPN shows to much of JFR thread, So stop picking fights with everyone.:) Put your guard down a bit nobody is picking on the Forces.
But i have to agree with everyone else, the scooter and Feng shui was WAY TO MUCH, for about the 1st time ever wanted to shut of my tv or change the channel.
I would agree that most of the other teams would love to have a fraction of that exposure (and deserve it) .

Let an innocent bystander jump in for a moment, First of all this isn't an "Ashley is a good driver thread" (again) its an ESPN shows to much of JFR thread,.

Actually, it's the ESPN2 doesn't give some of the new or rising teams much if any air time thread, while showing scooter odometers, cats and stone waterfalls in peoples lounges.

Hell ESPN should do a story on me then..LOL......I put that many if not more miles on my golf cart at the track. Reiffer where are ya dude!!!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news here.ESPN was pretty smart in that little skit about the scooter.look at much airtime you guys are still giving them over it.I bet Castrol is loving this.

Yeah, anytime someone doesn't like a driver, it's always the crew chief that gets the credit.........................:rolleyes:

Ok, take your fan hat off and look at this situation with some FACTS, which appears to be the case with you as you have a hard time accepting Ashley isn't one of the top drivers in FC. Ashley is second off of the line almost 80% (78% to be exact) of the time (worst in the top 15 in points), which means her crew chiefs are responsible for having a tune up in the car to get it from point A to point B quicker than her opponent to offset the slower reaction time. I don't know why you are having such a hard time accepting this FACT, but Karl is correct (and he doesn't have a FC time slip, imagine that). If the driver is second off of the line the majority of the time who is responsible for providing the performance? Ding, ding, ding, ding, the crew chief!!! If you don't understand this my next step would be creating flash cards for you on PowerPoint. As a seasoned TF/FC driver said (Jerry "the King" Ruth), Ashely not only can't cut a light but she also overdrives the car which creates the situations where the car is on two wheels:eek: which has happen on more than one occasion this year.

Now to the topic of this thread, if ESPN had some balls they would call this out and ask John and team what they think of their driver's performance, hell Dean and Ron need a pay raise. Of course they won't do this, they will show the damn cat drinking wine in the NAPA valley this weekend vs. talking about something that will more than likely prevent the team from winning the championship. Or even better yet, talk about a couple of teams who have been filling out the fields this year, which many of them have some good stories about the common guy coming together to get a car out on the track.

Ok, take your fan hat off and look at this situation with some FACTS, which appears to be the case with you as you have a hard time accepting Ashley isn't one of the top drivers in FC. Ashley is second off of the line almost 80% (78% to be exact) of the time (worst in the top 15 in points), which means her crew chiefs are responsible for having a tune up in the car to get it from point A to point B quicker than her opponent to offset the slower reaction time. I don't know why you are having such a hard time accepting this FACT, but Karl is correct (and he doesn't have a FC time slip, imagine that). If the driver is second off of the line the majority of the time who is responsible for providing the performance? Ding, ding, ding, ding, the crew chief!!! If you don't understand this my next step would be creating flash cards for you on PowerPoint. As a seasoned TF/FC driver said (Jerry "the King" Ruth), Ashely not only can't cut a light but she also overdrives the car which creates the situations where the car is on two wheels:eek: which has happen on more than one occasion this year.

Now to the topic of this thread, if ESPN had some balls they would call this out and ask John and team what they think of their driver's performance, hell Dean and Ron need a pay raise. Of course they won't do this, they will show the damn cat drinking wine in the NAPA valley this weekend vs. talking about something that will more than likely prevent the team from winning the championship. Or even better yet, talk about a couple of teams who have been filling out the fields this year, which many of them have some good stories about the common guy coming together to get a car out on the track.

And again I have to clarify I didn't say she is one of the top fc drivers, I just said she is a good driver. Another one micro-analyzing...................:rolleyes:

Takes one to know one? or maybe not--------
This is really getting childish and ridiculous.

I never claimed to be an expert, I just made a simple statement. And you are right Lori, it is childish and stupid because no one on here can change the way it is. Obviously ESPN thinks the Force's are good for their ratings and there is nothing we can do about that. And the few of you on here that don't like it, i'm sure it's not making much of an impact that you are not watching because if it did i'm sure they would change it. I'm not opposed to seeing coverage on some of the lower budgeted teams but I have nothing to do with that. The only thing I'm guilty of is being a Force fan so of course I don't mind the coverage on him. It's not my fault he is so popular. But the way some of you talk to me you would think I have all control of what is going on.........................:rolleyes:

Obviously ESPN thinks the Force's are good for their ratings and there is nothing we can do about that.

Since the ratings are dropping again for the ESPN2 TV show this year, the single "star" family formula looks as though it no longer works with viewers. It is a "sports" show, not Days of Our Lives.

To me, racing has to be the focus of the show. Diamond P had it down. Evans & Mac had it down.

It's every race weekend we're bombarded with the fluff sh!t..and it gets old fast. I can't believe anyone enjoyed the Force fluff this past weekend..it was retarded and I'm a Force fan..but man!

And as far as Ashley goes..I don't see where the hate is..she's learning and will make the countdown (eewww).

1st round Ashley= .081
2nd round= .098 but when T.Ped is cutting .056 lights and stays together he would have won this event.

1st round Wilk= .103
2nd round= .105
3rd round= .105
Final= .127

To me, racing has to be the focus of the show. Diamond P had it down. Evans & Mac had it down.

It's every race weekend we're bombarded with the fluff sh!t..and it gets old fast. I can't believe anyone enjoyed the Force fluff this past weekend..it was retarded and I'm a Force fan..but man!

And as far as Ashley goes..I don't see where the hate is..she's learning and will make the countdown (eewww).

1st round Ashley= .081
2nd round= .098 but when T.Ped is cutting .056 lights and stays together he would have won this event.

1st round Wilk= .103
2nd round= .105
3rd round= .105
Final= .127

Thank you for this post David, I think that says it all.....................:rolleyes:(the last part of his post anyway);):D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back