Snake hitting his "target"? (1 Viewer)

NHRAMike

Nitro Member
Bob Frey just made a comment on the audiocast about Larry Dixon's sponsorship for next year, he wouldn't say who it was, but that Snake was "right on target. Hmmmmmmmm

Yeah, I just heard that also. I guess the rumors are true about Target coming to the NHRA.

Hmm... they hoped to have something to announce by the US Nationals. Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come. :)

I heard Frey say that and I thought, great news b/c its been rumored for a while especially since Ganassi was at one of the races, but I wasnt sure if it was just coincidence or not. Glad to see Snake still in TF.

I try to support the team sponsors. So I guess I could learn to become a Target shopper. There's one nearby. But life would be so much easier for me if Costco would get on board.

If it is indeed Target, it is not only great for Snake Racing, but for Drag Racing in general............hope it's true!

Glad to hear this because:

DPR is a solid investment.

I shop at Target almost weekly. Hopefully, they will be adding a full grocery section soon.

Did'nt anyone catch Frey's other comment after or during the 4th qualifying attempt??? Snake would like to CROWNE his sponsor real soon... I know that rumor has been going around as well... But it makes you wonder WHY at sonoma they were selling only SHOTS of Crowne Royal and Jagermeister... No Jack, No this or that... 5 Bucks a shot... But No Smoking in stands anymore... remember Winston??? Anybody:eek: That's how I got started... Free packs to fans as they entered a event... Back in the day

Last edited:
One thing to ponder; with Miller pulling out of Drag racing. How long before Budweiser does the same? Sponsors usually advertise where their competition is.....:rolleyes:

I don't see Budweiser pulling out of the NHRA even with Miller gone. After all, they also sponsor the Bud pole award and are the Official Beer of the NHRA. With Miller gone it just means they'll have drag racing to themselves.

Besides, sponsoring drag racing has to be a bargain compared to what it must cost them to sponsor NASCAR.

I try to support the team sponsors. So I guess I could learn to become a Target shopper. There's one nearby. But life would be so much easier for me if Costco would get on board.
But if it was a Costco sponsorship would that mean snake will have to have 6 cars since Costco sells in those big ol multiple packs?:D

Budweiser has been involved in all sorts of motorsporsts forever. I don't see them pulling out of anything any time soon............."HIP"

One thing to ponder; with Miller pulling out of Drag racing. How long before Budweiser does the same? Sponsors usually advertise where their competition is.....:rolleyes:

I would not count on this. Miller left drag racing at the end of 1990 and Budweiser didn't go anywhere. I think there is a better chance of Miller returning in a few years then Bud leaving.

I thought it was reported that the parent company(Miller Brewing?) was bought out by a foreign group and that led to them pulling their sponsorship.

crownroyatargetl.jpg

...................... But No Smoking in stands anymore... remember Winston??? Anybody:eek: That's how I got started... Free packs to fans as they entered a event... Back in the day
Personally I don't smoke, but that's pretty rediculous, I mean it's outdoors, and the stands fill up with tire smoke all day long!:cool:

During tonight's episode of Driving Force, John went shopping with for a dress with Courtney. John asked, "where are we going, Target?" I bet he knows the new sponsor for Dixon.

During tonight's episode of Driving Force, John went shopping with for a dress with Courtney. John asked, "where are we going, Target?" I bet he knows the new sponsor for Dixon.

I saw that scene. I took it as Force wanted some place "cheap" and the daughter acted like shopping at Target was beneath her. IMO that was a coincidence that Target was mentioned beacuse I don't think that scenario was the best way to "promote" a potential sponsor.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back