Should I let Courtney and Ashley Force sell me a tv? (1 Viewer)

Suzanne

Nitro Member
SANYO :: LCD Televisions :: 42" 1080p FULL HDTV LCDIm looking to buy a new larger LCD tv. I should say I bought one. After talking with friends there are so many other features that are available but are they worth it? This one was 628.00 at Walmart. If you are a pro at these tvs, and have a moment could you check this out and give your opionion please?
Features that I know are important to me, QAM, good contrast, pc compatable and energy star.
The features that I now am wanting possibly are:
A recording feature that someone mentioned that is built in.
Unknown features, let me know what they might be !!
I have just basic cable that came as a promo with my Cox cable, its got Discovery channel, we didnt take the buy/rent their box, so with the QAM I might get more channels.
We dont own and wont own a game system.
We dont have home theatre to add for sound improvement.
We will buy the necessary cables if we can figure out which we need. Walmart = no sales people to help with that.
All LCDs look great, Im sure Id love any of them! The one fear I have is no matter what reviews I read, there are so many mentions of the tvs daying at ages 9 to 14 months. Ive had to stop reading the reviews or I will return this one and not buy another one!!
Any help would be very appriciated. I really dont have a budget in mind for this, and I live in a small place, so 42" is the largest that I really need to go. . Thanks, Happy Holidays! (Thank you Nancy)

Last edited:
SANYO :: LCD Televisions :: 42" 1080p FULL HDTV LCDIm looking to buy a new larger LCD tv. I should say I bought one. After talking with friends there are so many other features that are available but are they worth it? This one was 628.00 at Walmart. If you are a pro at these tvs, and have a moment could you check this out and give your opionion please?
Features that I know are important to me, QAM, good contrast, pc compatable and energy star.
The features that I now am wanting possibly are:
A recording feature that someone mentioned that is built in.
Unknown features, let me know what they might be !!
I have just basic cable that came as a promo with my Cox cable, its got Discovery channel, we didnt take the buy/rent their box, so with the QAM I might get more channels.
We dont own and wont own a game system.
We dont have home theatre to add for sound improvement.
We will buy the necessary cables if we can figure out which we need. Walmart = no sales people to help with that.
All LCDs look great, Im sure Id love any of them! The one fear I have is no matter what reviews I read, there are so many mentions of the tvs daying at ages 9 to 14 months. Ive had to stop reading the reviews or I will return this one and not buy another one!!
Any help would be very appriciated. I really dont have a budget in mind for this, and I live in a small place, so 42" is the largest that I really need to go. . Thanks, Happy Holidays! (Thank you Nancy)

I would suggest going to somewhere like Sears to purchase your new TV. I do know the associates at Sears are well trained in there departments and are up to date on all the lastest things. Also, Best Buy is not a bad choice either. Personally I have a Sharp Aquos LCD with a Sharp Aquos Blue Ray Disc. We have Directv service with HD. I'm very happy with mine, though we want to go just a bit bigger, maybe 65". (mine is 52").

While it might qualify for "Too Much Information, AVS Forum this is a great site for all things audio / visual.

I don't know how good a deal this Sanyo might be (I had good luck with them in past years), I will suggest you buy an additional sound system (if you can't plug it into your existing system).
IMHO, even a cheap Audio system with a cheap sub-woofer will add immensely to your enjoyment of DVDs and many TV shows. Almost as much of a differencew as color versus black & white.
YMMV

I can vouch for AVS forum, they were instrumental in helping me with my TV purchase.

One thing - be careful about "off-brand" HDTVs. They may be cheap, but they have a high repair rate.

My HDTV is a Panasonic Plasma, the TC-P50V10. It cost a little more than other sets but picture quality is top notch. I love plasmas and will not even consider an LCD at this point. And no, burn-in is not an issue like it once was.

I'd go with a Samsung. Pretty highly rated among HDTV's. I have a 52" 750 Series LCD.

If I were to buy a HDTV tomorrow, I'd definitely go LED.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back