Would you pay $42,000 for a Hyundai? (1 Viewer)

HEMI6point1

Nitro Member
I was surfing Hyundai's site and they have a build n' price tool for the new Genesis. With the V8 and the technology package it costs $42,000. Sheesh!

I know from the specs and reviews it's a great car but $42K for.... a Hyundai? I wander how many of these they will sell, as many people still look at Hyundais and sneer even though the new Hyundais are great cars and if given the choice I would consider one myself (not the Genesis - I could buy a Cadillac CTS for that).

That's the problem VW had with the Phaeton, no one wanted to pay $100,000 for a VW. For that matter, when the Passat had the W8 available no one wanted to pay $40,000 for a VW - I think they only sold 600 cars with the W8.

Yes, they've improved in quality and I've seen the cars they have in Korea that they don't export here. Although if I had the cash I'd get a '09 GT-R.
S/F
D

I'll stick with my $600 1985 Pontiac 6000........LE!

I still want to know what name candidates sucked so bad that "6000" beat them out! :D

I'll stick with my $600 1985 Pontiac 6000........LE!

I still want to know what name candidates sucked so bad that "6000" beat them out! :D

I think they were trying to make it appear futuristic LOL. Outside of the realm of fantasy I'll be sticking with my '98 JDM Honda Accord SiR.

S/F
D

take off a zero and i would.

See, that's exactly why Hyundai is going to have a tough sell with this car.

Although the new Sonata can be had for $25,000 loaded, that's a great deal. You can't touch a loaded Camry or Accord for less than $30,000 and they don't have a 10 year warranty.

See, that's exactly why Hyundai is going to have a tough sell with this car.

Although the new Sonata can be had for $25,000 loaded, that's a great deal. You can't touch a loaded Camry or Accord for less than $30,000 and they don't have a 10 year warranty.
Well if they had been smart the would have done what, Honda, Toyota and Nissan did and badged it as something else, Acura, Lexus, Infiniti.

S/F
D

Well if they had been smart the would have done what, Honda, Toyota and Nissan did and badged it as something else, Acura, Lexus, Infiniti.

S/F
D

I believe a couple of years ago Hyundai's CEO said that they shouldn't have to create an all-new luxury brand in order to stimulate the sale of a car, they are simply going to use the familiar name and let people see that Hyundai's are more than just econoboxes.

Even though I don't think the Genesis is going to be a huge seller, kudos to them for trying and going after the big guys.

I believe a couple of years ago Hyundai's CEO said that they shouldn't have to create an all-new luxury brand in order to stimulate the sale of a car, they are simply going to use the familiar name and let people see that Hyundai's are more than just econoboxes.

Even though I don't think the Genesis is going to be a huge seller, kudos to them for trying and going after the big guys.

While its true that changing the name of Toyota Windoms, Aristo, Celsiors, Altezzas to Lexus ES, GS, LS & IS didn't change the car it changed the mental dynamic of the brand/label concious US consumer.

S/F
D

Oh No D, Sam thinks everybody who fell for the rebadging are idiots, not financially inclined.
No they just don't know that all of those cars are still just Hondas, Nissans and Toyotas (they introduced the Lexus mark in Japan in 05, Acura will be introduced in 09). The Celsior/LS and Aristo/GS are based on the Toyota Crown platform, cars I doubt they'll ever try to sell here Toyota Crown - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. The Toyota Crown Athlete is on my dream car list.

S/F
D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back