Shawn Cowie accident! (1 Viewer)

They are holding off releasing as much information as possible until Shawn's family arrives in Nashville, they will be landing at the airport in about 1 1/2 hrs from now.

Stay tuned as soon as they can, they will release more information.

He is still in ICU.......He was struck by what "appears to be" an under aged intoxicated female......

Dean, Out of respect for Shawn, Can you please let the FAMILY Update his condition?

I've been asked by a couple of people to request this of you.

Thanks

Nancy out of respect for the family I am updating as I have talked to them personally on the phone throughout the day and have also been in email contact with them.

Not sure who is talking to you about this, but I am about as close to the family as anyone in the sport.:confused::confused:

Dean

Last edited:
Nancy out of respect for the family I am updating as I have talked to them personally on the phone throughout the day and have also been in email contact with them.

Not sure who is talking to you about this, but I am about as close to the family as anyone in the sport.:confused::confused:

Dean

Sure Dean, whatever.......Our prayers and speedy recovery wishes go to Shawn and His Family and when THEY are ready, they will have a spokesperson give everyone an update........

If anyone wants to send a card (no flowers) HERE IS A PART OF BMOORES Post (a reliable source) on ITA for the address,

I have some info if you feel inclined to send a card (no flowers, hospital rule??)

Patient: Shawn Cowie
Vanderbilt University Hospital, 10th Floor
1161 21st Ave. S
Nashville, TN 37232

Thanks again, Bill Moore

Last edited:
Just talked to the family at the Hospital, and Shawn goes in for surgery at 11:00 am Nashville time (in 15 mnutes). The longer the surgery the better according to Wally (Nik's Dad). Time to pray.

Dean

My thoughts and prayers are with Shawn and his family and friends. I hope the doctors will be able to do everything they can to bring him a full recovery.

Oh no! This is terrible!
I just watched the Vegas sportsman race on tv this past Saturday where they won.
At Pomona last November, I got to see his bike close up. It is illuminated with cool blue neon.

Gosh, get well soon Shawn. Hopefully everything goes ok. Gonna be a helluva story to tell.

This was posted by Bill Moore (he is Shawn's Crew Chief on the car):

Update on surgery...

Just got off the phone with Ron. Shawn is pinned in many places (pelvis, ankle, femur...). The surgical team was spent after some 6+ hours of surgery so they closed him up and will try again on Wednesday. The head surgeon is concerned with the bone leading into the knee. He said it is the worst he has seen and he needs to come up with a plan on how to fix it. The alternative is not a good one. With what Shawn has had so far he will be confined to a wheel chair for 3-4 months at least.

We are overwhelmed with all your support and I know it has helped Shawn and family for sure.

Thanks to all, Bill

I have a good friend of mine was in a terrible motorcycle accident some years back....hit a cow at 80 mph. Broke almost every bone in his body, lost 3cm of length in one leg, spent over a year in the hospital.
I say this because I never would imagine he would ever have been able to walk again, let alone, ride a bike, play tennis etc etc, which he can now do.

So keep positive thoughts a plenty! Human beings can rebound from the most terrible of injuries. :eek:

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back