Jeff and Leeza Diehl (1 Viewer)

Wow....glad to hear they are ok. I witnessed a semi rear ending a car once while walking around a car show next to a highway. It reduced the vehicle to half it's original length in a split second, yet the driver staggered out and looked at his car with disbelief. Good to know the Caravan protected them like that.

Really glad to hear they are going to be okay. I've always wondered if doing what Jeff did in that situation was a good idea (hit the gas to reduce the speed differential; thus the impact of the hit) .... sounds like it works!

I got rear ended myself by a pickup truck on the freeway about 8 years ago. I was at a dead stop. Estimated the truck was doing about 45 when he hit me. That was bad enough. But a semi? Wowzers.

Really glad to hear they're going to be OK.

yeah, being hit at those speeds is an experience... I was stopped, making a left turn in a Dodge Omni delivery vehicle for NAPA in the 80's and was rear ended at 50 mph by a hit and run driver....witnesses say my car went 8 feet in the air before doing a 180 .....still have neck issues to this day but I'll say the same for Omnis that Jeff says for Caravans!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back