Sad Day (2 Viewers)

I will say it before anyone else does.....foxnews just confirmed it was Troy driving.

Please pray for everyone involved.

Re: Media Sucks!

I was hoping to come up here and tell you some exciting news that might happen as soon as tomorrow for one of the most respected and loved Top Fuel drivers in the NHRA, that has deserved the help more than anyone, but that will have to wait, because there is something far more important than that here....

First, lets all please say many, many prayers for all of the people that were hurt, the seven that were killed, and for their families and loved ones....That is the most important thing that any one of us can do right now...

Second, there is something that really needs to be said here..I hope you all read this....

Godspeed to those who lost their lives...their families, and MANY prayers to those who are fighting injuries as a result of this tradgedy....And Troy's heart was in the right place to help the event...He is not a criminal, rather he is guilty only of using terrible judgement....And pray for him, too...I could NEVER imagine the eternal pain that he will feel from this terrible day....

In the hope that you can try to someday peer through the little crack at the end of this horrible tunnell and see a bit of light, the onus is now squarely on the shoulders of the NHRA to step up to the plate and understanding that the loss of ANY life is horrific, let the losses of THESE lives help so many others in the future keep theirs by not street racing with 3000 pound land missles...The lessons that can be learned from this can save countless numbers of lives in the future...If these 7 people got their call from God early, let their sacrifices, and those of their families and loved ones be meaningful in saving many more...

It's time for the NHRA to use this tragedy to help save the lives of kids and go on a mission to help them keep it on the track...
Goodspeed to all....

Excellent post Jay. I would just add that I hope ALL drag racing sanctioning bodies would take this tragedy and help make a positive out of it.
Wayne

First off, I have not heard with absolute certainy that Troy was driving. If I have just missed someone confirming this, then please speak up and set the record straight. Knowing a little about their operation, I feel that he probably was, but at this point it's just a gut feeling.

Secondly, how about a little compassion for the condition of the driver (possibly Troy). There has been no shortage of pointless rambling regarding bad decisions and probable criminal prosecution, but very little if any about the driver's condition. All I know at this point is that he was taken to the emergency room. This tells me that he has some injuries and we need to remember this. I hope and pray that he is okay, and ask everyone to do the same.

Jeff, I think this is Just the Frustration of many over the Mere Negative this accident will have on the Sport as a whole! I can't imagine what Troy's going through right now knowing he'll be living with this the Rest of his Life!

I think the Event organizers should carry some of the Blame for this! Allowing these kind of exhibitions to take place in those kind of circumstances makes it seem inevidable a tragedy like this can happen.

Someone said earlier in this thread that had this exhibition gone off without a hitch, that coud've been some awesome PR for this sport....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Secondly, how about a little compassion for the condition of the driver (possibly Troy). There has been no shortage of pointless rambling regarding bad decisions and probable criminal prosecution, but very little if any about the driver's condition. All I know at this point is that he was taken to the emergency room. This tells me that he has some injuries and we need to remember this. I hope and pray that he is okay, and ask everyone to do the same.

I know it is very tempting to become just another Monday morning quarterback, but please remember one thing....each and everyone of us can think back on some decisions we have made that just leave us kind of scratching our heads with that what was I thinking look on our face. Unfortunately, this one had an absolutely tragic outcome. Going on and on with this thread about all of the 20/20 hindsight is pointless.

Please continue to pray for everyone affected by this horrible accident.
Troy was taken to the emergency room in a car... Not the back of an ambulance with hysterical, shocked, screaming, and grieving parents... Or in the back of a coroners van... So if you will excuse us/me for only thinking of the innocent victims here and not your friend, maybe it will sink in what a tragedy this truely is... :(

And I have NEVER looked back on an incident where I have endangered hundreds of people in my entire life...

Have you seen the video and what is left from the skycopter??

The cops are not going to do anything, because they o.k.'d it... They're screwed... If this were any other setting, the charges would be Gross Vehicular Manslaughter, and there are many sitting in jail living with both the consequences of a fun or great idea turned turd in a hurry...

So let's grieve for the families of the dead and injured before we start the forgiveness noise...

Oh and let's blame the spectators for standing where they were... I mean that's the American way isn't it?? Point fingers until you have nowhere else to point, but back at yourself one day...

Last edited:
I have moved the thread back to the forum view. If people continue to attack members don't be so SURPRISED when your post get deleted. Topics can get heated very quickly. So repect others opinions and you won't get your post deleted. I know that we all can get along. lol

Thanks,
Shannon

You people throwing your fellow drag racer under the bus when they have to be at the lowest point in their life is damn sickening. Many of you probably do things every day with much worse INTENTIONS. This guy has to spend the rest of his life knowing that the loved ones of four people have to suffer for the rest of their lives for his accident. Just what could you say that he doesn't already know? Anyone who would kick him right now is worthless, IMO.

No, actually none of us do anything anyday with worse intentions than this.

I'm happy to be considered worthless by your definition.

By the way, this accident has NOTHING TO DO WITH DRAG RACING. Drag racing is a sanctioned activity that occurs on race tracks.

Everyone here is quick to say very bad things about street racing. What was this? It was a street race, only with one car. This is why street racing is bad.

I'm sure the intentions of everyone were good, just like a street race. But people got killed, just like a street race. That's why I only race on racetracks.

Last edited:
I have moved the thread back to the forum view. If people continue to attack members don't be so SURPRISED when your post get deleted. Topics can get heated very quickly. So repect others opinions and you won't get your post deleted. I know that we all can get along. lol

Thanks,
Shannon

Thanks Shannon.

If the driver doesn't voluntarily retire, he should receive a lifetime ban from participating in sanctioned drag racing.

Racers have tried to improve the image drag racing for the past 50 years only to have this tragedy occur and do irrepairable damage to the cause. Race cars belong on race tracks.

My biggest concern is the victims and their families. Condolences to them all.

The accident may not have happened at a drag race, but it most definitely does have something to do with drag racing. The highly identifiable drag racing car involved in the accident bears the logo of the series name sponsor for the Pro Modified exhibition series that runs in conjunction with the NHRA POWERade series and it was driven by one of the two AMS team drivers competing in that series. Drag racing can't get much more involved than that.

The repercussions of this accident will affect drag racing, drag racing sponsorships, and peoples' attitudes toward drag racing for months, maybe years to come. Don't be surprised if there are movements toward enacting laws designed to restrict the activities associated with drag racing, perhaps in ways that adversely affect the sport. The fact that it happened somewhere other than a dragstrip won't deter opportunistic lawyers and politicians from attacking drag racing in general through lawsuits and legislation.

Grab your socks, boys and girls, it's going to be tough sledding because this is way too high-profile to go away quietly or soon.

The accident may not have happened at a drag race, but it most definitely does have something to do with drag racing.

I agree. I probably didn't word my post that well. I was just trying to point out that drag racing doesn't occur in that environment.

It is a heart rending situation. And yes, I'm sure he hit that gas pedal with the best of intentions.

It's just frustrating that it happened.

If the driver doesn't voluntarily retire, he should receive a lifetime ban from participating in sanctioned drag racing.

Racers have tried to improve the image drag racing for the past 50 years only to have this tragedy occur and do irrepairable damage to the cause. Race cars belong on race tracks.

My biggest concern is the victims and their families. Condolences to them all.
Now you have truly made the stupidest statement possible!!! Did all you people know that there were 4 other pro-mod cars behind Troy that were all going to do a burnout also???? Yah, it happened to troy, but it could have been any one of them it happened to. This has nothing to do with image!!! It was a charity event not a drag race. You people make it sound like he was out street racing. Give the guy a break, He was there for charity giving his time to a worthy cause and a tragedy happened end of story. To make an assinine statement he should be banned is the stupidest comment I have ever heard!!! I'm sure your ridiculous comments make him and his family feel great!!!!!!!! Read this story it say there were others behind him going to do the same thing. and no nothing should be deleted on here we all pay to be here. we all have opinions, agree or disagree. If people are attacking others personally thats one thing, but to have moderators delete a legitimate post from a paying member because someone doesn't like it is wrong.
Dragster's fatal tricks questioned - Yahoo! News

Now you have truly made the stupidest statement possible!!! Did all you people know that there were 4 other pro-mod cars behind Troy that were all going to do a burnout also???? Yah, it happened to troy, but it could have been any one of them it happened to. This has nothing to do with image!!! It was a charity event not a drag race. You people make it sound like he was out street racing. Give the guy a break, He was there for charity giving his time to a worthy cause and a tragedy happened end of story. To make an assinine statement he should be banned is the stupidest comment I have ever heard!!! I'm sure your ridiculous comments make him and his family feel great!!!!!!!! Read this story it say there were others behind him going to do the same thing. and no nothing should be deleted on here we all pay to be here. we all have opinions, agree or disagree. If people are attacking others personally thats one thing, but to have moderators delete a legitimate post from a paying member because someone doesn't like it is wrong.

I totally agree. That was not thought out... I have bliped it on the street a time or two. i will think twice now, but I have done it.

It is understood that Troy was there with good intentions. And people were lined up on their own to watch. But of course, now Troy's actions will be questioned. And watch for the civil suits, I'm sure. If the highway patrol ok'd it, they'll be named too. The new name of the thread describes the whole thing perfectly. :(

Kelly I had no idea they had other PM's there as well! LIke I said earlier in this thread, the Town Mayor or Sheriff or whoever OK'd this kind of exhibition should shoulder some of the Blame here.

It is understood that Troy was there with good intentions. And people were lined up on their own to watch. But of course, now Troy's actions will be questioned. And watch for the civil suits, I'm sure. If the highway patrol ok'd it, they'll be named too. The new name of the thread describes the whole thing perfectly. :(
Yes it does Sir !!!!

Kelly I had no idea they had other PM's there as well! LIke I said earlier in this thread, the Town Mayor or Sheriff or whoever OK'd this kind of exhibition should shoulder some of the Blame here.
I didnt know there were others either Joe till I saw the yahoo story. Thats why it pi$$ed me off, Troy was not the only one involved, others were gonna do the same thing. Dragster's fatal tricks questioned - Yahoo! News

Our sincerest condolences go to ALL the families involved, Including Troy, his team and his family.

This really was a "Good Intention" "Gone Bad" HORRIBLY BAD.

We did a Cars & Kids event last year, we were asked several times to fire the car, But we didn't want to, so we didn't, not there, and not then. Some people didn't understand our reasons, but we made that decision prior to going and stuck with it.

Prayers to all.

Kindest regards,
Nancy

but it could have been any one of them it happened to. You people make it sound like he was out street racing.

Yes, it could have happened to any of the other PM cars. That's precisely why it should not have been done in the first place.

I wouldn't feel any different if it was a street racer involved. It was a careless thing to do and cost 7 people their lives.

Here are the facts that no one will argue with:

1. The fact that people lost their lives absolutely sucks. I am praying for the families of those young people who were killed.

2. Troy Critchley was driving the car, went to this event to help out a great organization and things didn't go as planned.

Here's what we do from here:

1. Remember those families of young people who lost their lives

2. Just be thankful that more people didn't get hurt.

3. Chalk this up as a learning experience for those of you that are asked to get involved with events in the future with this sort of thing. Use good judgment and exercise EXTREME caution. Always assume the worst will happen and be prepared for it.

4. For God's sake, stop pointing fingers. We are so uninformed about what actually happened, it's ridiculous.

5. Need I say again that people lost their lives? That should be at the forefront of our minds. All of the why's and how's and all of the other questions will be answered later.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back