Rumor - New NHRA Venue for 2021 (1 Viewer)

Pick one..... Thinking maybe a Div 1 track????
I think division 1 is too far North for an April event.

My only guesses and I am not sure they are all qualified are:

SGMP
Bradenton
Auto Club Famoso

I would love to see US131MSP added to the NHRA though!

Hmmmm..... SGMP could take the place of Atlanta, altho am thinking it would have to be updated a bit for a national event. That is a great track, lots of Pro Mod races there. Bradenton could be a good choice. Weather would be good in April. Famoso... would love to see a Nat'l event there. But the crowds would have to come from LA & maybe Norcal. But it could take the place of Pomona, if Pomona was closed. Just my speculation. Now am really curious as to what the new site will be.

From what I'm hearing it's Tulsa. It would be the smallest NHRA national event in quite awhile.

The Rock doesn't work because time wise it's to close to Charlotte.

Someone name me a track NHRA doesn't already use and not the Rock that (honestly) has more than 10,000 seats.

From what I'm hearing it's Tulsa. It would be the smallest NHRA national event in quite awhile.

The Rock doesn't work because time wise it's to close to Charlotte.

Someone name me a track other than The Rock that has more than 10,000 seats.

Maryland or Martin? I've never been to either, but they look like they can hold close to that?

Maryland or Martin? I've never been to either, but they look like they can hold close to that?
I took the NHRA part of that to be implied. There are a few IHRA tracks that would fit the bill (especially Memphis), but those are obviously not options for an NHRA national.

Todd Martin and Keith Haney have been working hard to "make the track great again", so it would not surprise me as they already host a Heritage Series race in September.

It would be great if it is Tulsa. But, access to and from the track is not exactly easy.
And, I can’t see the place holding even 15,000 people. There’s just not enough room.
However, I do like that track and have been to it many times, starting with the 1972 and 1973 National Challenges.

I've been to both, I doubt they (honestly) seat 10,000. Also I believe either track doesn't have enough land. May 1st would be way to early to host a race at either track.
If Tulsa holds 10,000 then Martin has easily that many seats.

It looks like someone has been moving dirt

1608140221743.png

Attachments

• 1608140155992.png
    1608140155992.png
    973.6 KB · Views: 57
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back