Rookie FC Driver Thanks All (1 Viewer)

Steven Macklyn

Nitro Member
The NHRA event in Las Vegas was my first time competing in Nitro FC and I would like to thank those who helped make it happen.

The NHRA Tech Crew for assisting us through the chassis, safety and body tech. They went out of their way to make sure everything was in order and to assist us with finding the things we needed to meet the rules and specs.

The ESPN staff, National Dragster staff and other media members who were kind enough to give us some exposure. Their kind words were very much appreciated and have provided us with some great footage to chase sponsorship.

The NHRA teams of Tim Wilkerson, Del Worsham, Bob Bode and Jerry Tolliver for assisting us with some needed parts after our "oops" on Friday night. Correction, I should say my "oops"

The Strasburg Family for their ongoing support. Without them and their team, this all would not have happened. In my opinion, they are the best family in the sport.

The NHRA fans who supported us and stopped by to say hi. It is amazing how appreciative they are of what we do. Thanks.

My crew. The first thought after the explosion we had was how my crew was going to have to work all night to come back. They did and we ended up running our career best on the 4th Qualifier. That was only the fourth run on the new 2420 tire for our team. I am pleased to have each and every one of them helping me out. My duties included the bottom end this weekend as well. I got to listen and observe as they put the car back together. It makes you believe even more that it is the people who make this sport great.

Thanks Jerry, Tim, Bill, Ken, Matt, Bridgette, Dan, Terry, Chris, Jim. Kim, KC, Austin, Mark, Ryan, Kyle.

We will take some time off to regroup, prepare for our next event and chase some funding.

Best wishes to all.:)

Steve Macklyn - FC 763

Last edited:
Hey Steve, welcome to the Mater, and congratulations on making your 1st event in an NHRA Nitro FC. You're doing what a lot of us Maters dream of, and I wish you the best of luck in your efforts, especially in looking for funding (which helps to make dreams come true :D ).

Congrats Steve!
And best of luck on finding that ever sought after gold called sponsorship funding.

Drivers like you really make me think back to the core of drag racing - just a guy doing what he loves and the crew behind him pushing it. (I know there is an entire comp racing field and other out there just like this, but they don't get the coverage at all sadly).

It's great to see the single car teams out there competing against the monsters, and I wish you all the best.

DLB

Welcome aboard and congrats on your weekend! You found a way to get out there and do what you love. Here's to getting back out there soon!

I really thought you guys were done for the weekend after that oops. Congratulations on getting it back together!

I would just like to say how proud I was that you got your car put back together and ran Saturday! That's the type of dedication needed to run. Now all we need is to find sponsors eh? Burnouts rule :)

Congrats on your first event and welcome to the 'Mater.
Hope to see you out at many future Nationals!
Good luck this year :)

First I would like to thank Steve for the kind words. I am proud to be part of Steves crew. I would also like to thank all of our crew for their hard work and effort that goes into making this happen. I would also like to thank my wife and family for their dedication and support it goes a long way in making this dream a reality.

We at the Miller family were everything but extatic when we saw those number come up on the board on the fourth qualifying session.
Congrats on a great weekend, and a memorable thrash.
And I think you may be right. The Straburgs may be the greatest family in all of drag racing.
Good luck in the future.

Congrats on your first race! Welcome to the Mater. It's great to see some new cars and faces at these events. Kind of reminds me of the old days when you had good competition, and had a few smaller funded teams that could do the job. Great job for a first time out!

I can't even begin to express the respect you and your team earned when you guys managed to turn the car around after your explosion and fire. In the press room at Vegas I'm whispering STOP, STOP AND STOP at the bottom of my lungs(No rooting in the press room of course) and all I could think of was you getting the car stopped so the Safari could put out that fire before REAL damage was done to that body(read permanent damage there). Best wishes and I hope you and your team get to come out a play again soon Steve.

Welcome to the Mater! Here's hoping you have no more trouble like this.
boomvegasyu3.jpg

:rolleyes: :eek: Thanks Steve... As you know, I'm used to hard work so the thrash Friday night didn't bother me a whole lot. But you can't imagine how proud I was of you and the rest of the team when we just kept charging though the night to get the car back together. Then to watch you come from a pretty scary explosion and "drive it through" for a career best on Saturday.
Man, that was 'Way Cool'.. And to have the other teams packin' parts to us, giving advise, and 'The Strasburgs', they don't get any better than that bunch. It's an honor to park next to them, I hope we get to be there every time we go racing. Let's get our stuff together and go do it again real soon.

Thanks Again..........The Rooster!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stevie, Again what an AWSOME job by you and your crew! It's always extra special when you can achieve your goals and actually exceed them, on top of the carnage that you had. Couple that with being surrounded by GREAT PEOPLE (GREAT FRIENDS),well it just doesn't get much better! I know we all were so proud to be associated with you guys! Now, having said that lets see about a "tuneup" for the "BIGTOP", atleast a wash job. Again, GOOD JOB everybody. Lets do it again real soon whatchadoin

Steve,

It was great seeing you at Vegas. All the best of luck to you and your team this year. You guys getting that car back together was awesome.

All the best in 2007!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back