Thanks Don Shumacher Racing (1 Viewer)

Way cool. I gotta get to that one day.

p.s. Any more pics of the FRAM babe? :D

agreed. awesome time, very nice facility, everyone was very cordial. Well worth whatever we spent especially since it went to a good cause. Highly recommend it.

DSR is a class organization filled with great people. And that could actually be said about the vast majority of NHRA teams. I tell my NASCAR friends about how accessible the drivers are, even guys like Force, Schumacher, et. al., and they don't believe it.

I tell my NASCAR friends about how accessible the drivers are, even guys like Force, Schumacher, et. al., and they don't believe it.

For many years in the 80s some friends and I went to the first day of Indy time trials (poll day). The garage area is fenced off and guarded like a bank. One of my friends was the private banker for Ron Hammelgarn (owns several Indy teams). He got a couple garage passes, and it was very cool, you could get about as close as you can get to an NHRA pit. But we rarely even saw the drivers, let alone spoke to them or got autographs. The closest we got was seeing them fly by on a golf cart. And we were the lucky/privileged ones. :rolleyes:

I have yet to meet him, but "Fast Jack" has got to be one of the coolest racers out there today. Not sure if he still gives lessons, but when I make why way to Hawley's, it would be worth going to the west coast to have him as an instructor.

Several years ago, we too all of our guys to Pomona to drive dragsters. Jack was our instructor. He was the best. He made our day.

I see the Shumacher organization take some hits on here from time to time, but they seem like a class operation from top to bottom. Fast Jack impresses me as a regular guy who loves drag racing and would probably do it for free. I also think it is pretty cool that Don himself posts on the mater--lots of times with very special insight. These folks are a real credit to the sport we all love. It was real interesting to me to read that Tony planned to hang up the helment in the future to be supportive of his children. Sounds like a guy with his priorities in order--probably the product of a good upbringing.

I see the Shumacher organization take some hits on here from time to time, but they seem like a class operation from top to bottom. Fast Jack impresses me as a regular guy who loves drag racing and would probably do it for free. I also think it is pretty cool that Don himself posts on the mater--lots of times with very special insight. These folks are a real credit to the sport we all love. It was real interesting to me to read that Tony planned to hang up the helment in the future to be supportive of his children. Sounds like a guy with his priorities in order--probably the product of a good upbringing.

I cant belive he will hang it up as good as driver as he is,maybe he will be teh new team owner?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back