Thanks to ALL of my FRIENDS! (1 Viewer)

Kati

Nitro Member
I'm posting here (NHRA), too...since some of the folks who helped...are from "this side of the fence"....

This is my latest blog entry on IHRA.com....thought I would copy and paste here. I want the entire racing community to know....just how cool all of these folks are....and to thank them for what they all did for me!!

More of the photos can be seen in the actual blog - Blog: dragmama's blog

Thanks to my Friends! - WOW!

The Drag Racing community has got to be one of the neatest groups of people on this earth. I'm not just talking about one sanctioning body or another....all of Drag Racing. We see examples of this all the time...fellow racers helping racers. Families helping families, because after all....that's what we are...one big family. Sometimes it may just be lending a hand...tools...parts, even to a racer that you may be paired up with for the next round. The help that Drag Racers offer to others seems to have no boundaries. Nothing is too small or to big. If they have it...they will share it.

I can't even begin to explain how I feel about what recently happened to me. I'll try to explain what took place the best I can without getting TOO wordy!

During an ADRL event in Norwalk this past August, I got a chance to "hang out" at the top end with my buddy Roger Richards. I was doing the on-camera work for the show and Roger was the event photographer. We were waiting for the finals to run and got to talking. One thing led to another and he found out that we didn't plan on racing at the fall Rockingham event - The World Finals. After the season we had....or didn't have (lol)...it just wasn't in the budget.

Roger came up with the idea that he would get my friends to sponsor me and write about it in his column on Comp Plus. I was really flattered that he would even think about doing something like that for ME...and well a little concerned that...well....did I have THAT many friends!?!?!

I almost forgot about it as we were on our way to the Amalie North American Nationals in Epping until I received a call that Roger had put the story up and I needed to call him. When I did....I was absolutely FLOORED! Within just a short amount of time...I not only had the money we needed to race Rockingham...but T-shirts for all the friends who were donating and the vinyl to put everyone's name on my car. By the time Epping was over....we have 3x's the amount Roger asked for!

WOW!

I wanted to do a little something on this before the event...and well...just not enough time to go around. I want to THANK EACH AND EVERY PERSON....for what they did for me, out of the kindness of their hearts...and for their love of our sport. Some gave much-much more than they needed to....and I don't know how I can ever thank everyone enough. Some folks...I have never met...and I hope to be able to thank in person someday!

We had plans to get as many out on the starting line when I made a qualifying pass at The Rock...with their "Kathy's Friend" T-Shirt on....but Mother Nature really messed up the whole weekend.

untitled2-600x435.png

TO ALL - THANK YOU for making it possible for my husband Kevin and I to attend and race the last IHRA event of the 2008 season. YOU ARE ALL WONDERFUL FOLKS....and I hope I am able to return the favor to each of you someday!

Allen Cook

Bob Unkefer

Bobby - Comp Plus

Brian Spink

Brian Wood

Dale & Laurie Cannister

Daphne Hague - MOM

Derek Dahl

Doc Riley

Edith Lamonds (Billy Weeks)

Frank Gugliotta

John Farr

John Mason

Kevin & Wendy Sims

Larry Smiley

Larry Sullivan and Rick Green – Fastnews

Mark Madelizzi - Flatout Gaskets

Mike & Kim Buckner

Mike Janis and Crew

Pete DeVita

Roger Richards

Spiro Kontos

Steve Earwood

Steve Hall Plus all T-shirts

Susan Wade - 1320TV.com

Tami Powers

Terry & Rhonda McMillen

Two Anonymous Friends!

Vern Christy

Laurie drove up to Lima...and helped me put all the vinyl on the car

DSC00079-450x600.jpg

The finished product!

(Below - Just an example of what I will give to each FRIEND + their T-Shirt if they were unable to attend!!)

roger-600x480.jpg

THANK YOU TO ALL!

all_friends-600x480.jpg

....and...THANK YOU as ALWAYS to the fine companies who make all of our racing possible!!

Amalie Oil Company, K&N Engineering, Ohio Crankshaft, Vintage Trailers, Coan Engineering, Moser Engineering, Biondo Racing Products, Hoosier Tire Company, Advertising Edge, Inc, CSR Performance Products, Milodon, Borla Exhaust, Borla Headers, Jet-Hot Coatings, Weld Racing, ARP, Auto Meter, Cannister Motorsports Welding & Fabricating, American Racing Wheels, Performance by Fisher, Inc, Snap-On Dealer Tom “The Tool Man” Hirt Lima, Ohio and Frank Hawley’s NHRA Drag Racing School!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back