Friends vs TEXAS Friends (1 Viewer)

Kelly

Nitro Member
FRIENDS VS TEXAS FRIENDS

FRIENDS: Never ask for food.
TEXAS FRIENDS: Always bring the food.

FRIENDS: Will say 'hello'.
TEXAS FRIENDS: Will give you a big hug and a kiss.

FRIENDS: Call your parents Mr. and Mrs.
TEXAS FRIENDS: Call your parents Mom and Dad.

FRIENDS: Have never seen you cry.
TEXAS FRIENDS: Cry with you.

FRIENDS: Will eat at your dinner table and leave.
TEXAS FRIENDS: Will spend hours there, talking, laughing, playing dominoes or cards and just being together.

FRIENDS: Know a few things about you.
TEXAS FRIENDS: Could write a book with direct quotes from you.

FRIENDS: Will leave you behind if that's what the crowd is doing.
TEXAS FRIENDS: Will kick the whole crowds' back-ends that left you.

FRIENDS: Would knock on your door.
TEXAS FRIENDS: Walk right in and say, 'I'm home!'.

FRIENDS: will visit you in the hospital when you're sick.
TEXAS FRIENDS: will cut your grass and clean your house then come spend the night with you in the hospital and cook for you when you come home.

FRIENDS: have you on speed dial.
TEXAS FRIENDS: have your number memorized.

FRIENDS: Are for a while.
TEXAS FRIENDS: Are for life.

FRIENDS: Might ignore this.
TEXAS FRIENDS: Will forward this to all their Texas Friends and those who once lived in Texas.

....and those that need some learnin'! ;)

It's been too long since I've been off the interstate in Texas. Do people there still pull over onto the shoulder and let you pass when you approach them from behind on a two lane highway? Only state I've seen it done in.

It's been too long since I've been off the interstate in Texas. Do people there still pull over onto the shoulder and let you pass when you approach them from behind on a two lane highway? Only state I've seen it done in.

The first time I went to Ennis (inaugural race) I was amazed at this too. Only being removed from my native New York for a few years, where nobody gets out of the way for anything, it was quite a surprise when I ran up on someone and they pulled off. I wasn't sure what he doing at first.

Yep, Texas IS the greatest state in the Union. Absolutely no question, IMO.

Born in Indiana, and lived in a LOT of other places over the years, but I thank God every day we decided to settle in Texas, for good.

Everything you state about Texas friends is true, Kelly. :)

And that ain't even the half of it... :cool:

I am sure I could think of several to add... but this one is my favorite;

FRIEND: Will tell you that they hope your horse get better soon.

TEXAS FRIEND: Will drop everything while you are taking care of your horse and run to the vet five miles away for meds, and you never asked.

I remember some comedian asking "How do you know you're from Texas?"

Answer: When your richest friend moves, you have to go help them take the wheels off of their new house. :D

That is all sooooooo true! What I really like is when you are driving on a 2 lane highway and as you approach someone coming in the opposite direction, they will wave at you! It is so friendly!:D

I wave at everyone in my neighborhood too! :D

I moved to a town so small that some people wave at everyone who goes by. That IS very cool. Definitely the town that time forgot.

Yep a benefit of having nice wide shoulders !

Sorry I was out of town Ron but we have got to get together one day.
I have a phone number for the Big Mike Burkhart Nostalgia FC that was advertising for Match Races at the Autorama.
I'll be in town May 7th , planning run to NM for a few days but hopefully not the week like last time.
You have my number !

I'm not from Texas, but can I add one?

Texas neighbor will shoot your intruders for you if you are away from home.:)

Wish we could do that here. :(

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back