Revised NHRA LODRS Schedule (1 Viewer)

I know they want to have a plan in place, but it's a little surprising they have anything scheduled before June. I'm hoping they can keep the date for Joliet, but I'm not holding my breath (especially with it being Chicagoland).

Mike, the ONLY thing we control in life is our attitude. I've been swamped at work and have done nothing to get my wife's Top Dragster ready to run. In December, Copeland finished front halfing a 2015 dragster to the latest design, new wings, new body, the Conway's crew freshly wired the car and got me set up with a fresh motor .... that car came home and went up on the pro jacks, seat not poured yet, car not started again, nothing .... lots to learn, tons of jigs to make for the trailer to store the wings, etc. in transit. We've historically run with a 32ft Girard awning on the 36ft ljftgate .... that simply won't work for AFD .... you have to have a awning to leave the car out overnight. I've got tons to do even in self isolation. Now if you'd like to sit at your keyboard and be negative, so be it. Let's say things take a long time ..... back in 2008/2009 I went airplane shopping and got a great deal. That airplane got sold (at a profit) in 2014, but I found a really good deal in France last summer and I'm back flying a lot now. I leased a second hanger for one year last week .... it's gonna hold air for a while, but on the negative side of things I'll be looking for a great second airplane. Have a plan A, B, C, etc. good times or bad, but you'll very rarely find successful people saying "dream on" to a exclamation of hope in a tough time.

I constantly scenario plan, I execute on plans, not all of them, but a lot of them .... I never piss on someone else's plans, I try to help people who have a vision for the future.

You seem to want the NHRA and the teams that support the NHRA to do nothing .... that is simply not an option in life ... well not for most of us.

Jeff

Mike, the ONLY thing we control in life is our attitude. I've been swamped at work and have done nothing to get my wife's Top Dragster ready to run. In December, Copeland finished front halfing a 2015 dragster to the latest design, new wings, new body, the Conway's crew freshly wired the car and got me set up with a fresh motor .... that car came home and went up on the pro jacks, seat not poured yet, car not started again, nothing .... lots to learn, tons of jigs to make for the trailer to store the wings, etc. in transit. We've historically run with a 32ft Girard awning on the 36ft ljftgate .... that simply won't work for AFD .... you have to have a awning to leave the car out overnight. I've got tons to do even in self isolation. Now if you'd like to sit at your keyboard and be negative, so be it. Let's say things take a long time ..... back in 2008/2009 I went airplane shopping and got a great deal. That airplane got sold (at a profit) in 2014, but I found a really good deal in France last summer and I'm back flying a lot now. I leased a second hanger for one year last week .... it's gonna hold air for a while, but on the negative side of things I'll be looking for a great second airplane. Have a plan A, B, C, etc. good times or bad, but you'll very rarely find successful people saying "dream on" to a exclamation of hope in a tough time.

I constantly scenario plan, I execute on plans, not all of them, but a lot of them .... I never piss on someone else's plans, I try to help people who have a vision for the future.

You seem to want the NHRA and the teams that support the NHRA to do nothing .... that is simply not an option in life ... well not for most of us.
Jeff I think you took the wrong way there is no one chomping at the bit as I am but realism sets in some times .We all hope and pray for it to be over soon ,but every day it is strung out longer.Good luck on getting out there soonerNo one wants it more than I do don't know how many laps are left at 77-Mike
Jeff

Jeff
Amen! Also, would you actually leave your car out overnight at the track? I've always seen everyone load up.

Amen! Also, would you actually leave your car out overnight at the track? I've always seen everyone load up.
We will occasionally on nice nights if we just don't feel like loading it. Sometimes we'll cover it with a tarp and other times we won't bother. Some will leave them out all the time if they have an awning enclosure.

In D4/D5 it seems like most TAD's are left out, car cover on. We are going to be a very small team, so loading up every night is just not something we'll have the manpower to do. I haven't ordered our awning yet, but the plan is to order it with the zippers for side walls which seem to be getting pretty popular (and frankly aren't that expensive). With the TD we could tip back the ljftgate and pull the ready to run car in with a winch downstairs ... literally took just a few minutes to bring the whole pit inside the trailer. TAD is a different game altogether .... Clutch table/work area, head table/work area, etc. etc. Just not possible to get that inside at the next class up (for me at least).

That point I understand Mike. In 20 years I'll be 77 and I was just discussing that with a racing buddy the other day ... 77 would be a good run! As a person, I tend to be really blunt and a touch too quick to click the safety off and squeeze ... but I try to be positive. Keep the faith and wake up with your hair on fire every day. Purpose keeps you alive and healthy, age is a little important, but its far from everything.

Jeff if you're 77 and can still drive the dragster...... There are a LOT of drivers out there well into their 70's and still very competitive. I ain't even talking about the Greek.... :)

I really enjoy the divisional events. I go to two each year here in the D1 area and really enjoy the atmosphere of the smaller tracks (and crowds!) I have yet to encounter a bad experience when talking with any racer, all have been happy to talk about their cars and racing. Here's hoping that we can get some of these in this year!

Stay positive and always realize that we might be closer to the end of this problem then you think.
If all of the medical people working to develop an antibiotic for this virus come up with something things would change very fast from the way things are right now.

There is a solution but they just have to find it which I believe they will hopefully sooner rather then later.

Jim Hill
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back