Response from Evan Knoll (1 Viewer)

Am I the only one amazed at those willing to kick Evan on his way in and out of the hospital?

The pessimists will complain about the discontinuation of sponsorships.
The optimists will thank Evan for all he has done for so many.

Am I the only one amazed at those willing to kick Evan on his way in and out of the hospital?

No, you aren't the only one. You can't even kick Evan for this one, at this time he has nothing to do with the day-to-day running of Torco. He is just trying to get healthy.

Doc, you and your boys were missed at Vegas, wasn't the same spring race without you guys.

It is really sad to see someone who has done so much for the sport and in particular the racers the last few years get kicked when he is down.

I am thankful for all that Evan Knoll has done for the sport of drag racing. The NHRA, and many, many people are better because of him. I don't think the intent with people on this board and thread is to hope Evan Knoll croaks (God forbid), or to wish him the worst, and kick him out of the sport.

I see the heart of people on this thread being very confused & frustrated that Evan's response perhaps in some people's mind, instead of answering the questions, created more.

You look back on Evan's response, and the fact that he's in the hospital, and on one hand, you hope he gets better, and in the same breath, on the other hand, you hope a resolution comes to all of these teams who have yet to find sponsors, who made big impacts to the sport of drag racing.

I know that some malicious words have been spoken on this thread, as bashing other people, but I think there's two sides to the coin.

I love Evan Knoll (I'm not gay), and what he's done for drag racing. I am SO grateful for the Dave Connolly's and Matt Smith's that had a chance to win championships because of him stepping up.

I am praying for Evan's recovery. I don't think anyone on this message board is morbid enough to want Evan to go away. That's sick, and those people should be beat with beer cans until they change their mind.

BUT...I, especially in the light of this Clay Millican thing have more questions right now than answers. It seems as though there's another side of the story that we're not hearing about. And quite frankly, while I know that is the nature of the business, it still doesn't take away from the fact that another one of the fan favorites is done due to a (insert South Park reference here) sticky situation.

It's no one's fault, and I don't think people are passing blame around. There's just more of ??????????????? than .....................

That, I think is the hardest thing to swallow.

Just my $.02.

Evan Knoll

Jan. 19, 2008 – ... received surgery and treatment to his brain in hopes of furthering his long-term recovery.
... Knoll himself wants to set the record straight....
.....We get audited all the time. When you can go out and gross in the BILLIONS of dollars, yes that’s B as in BOY, then you can talk my lingo.
I have over 1300 full time employees and PRIVATE HELD COMPANY'S that are not PUBLIC and will never be along with other investments and plus the personal investments.
I DONT NEED ANY MONEY I HAVE PLENTY.... I have spent 40 million plus a year....
... heard there were supposed to be two manufacturers waiting for their money. This is coming off NitroMater...
... Latrell and my in-house team said that we will be back in 2009.
Now my question is, WHAT THE HELL DONT YOU UNDERSTAND ?
...and YES I did WIN the Entrepreneur of the Year in California this past November. So, does this make any sense that we’re in trouble?
HELL NO! Give me a break. I am here in business and have the best legal team you can ask for....
... and guess what I AM RICH!!!! ... so go beat off and get a life for a FEW ONLY jerks that are out there.
.... I won’t give a sh*t about you then!!!!!!!!!!
... and if that pisses some of you off BITE ME cause it doesn’t matter.
WANT SOME, COME AND GET SOME - IT’S ALL HERE!!!!!!!!!!!
... Be yourself and if someone has a problem with you being you
GOOD FOR THEM, F*@K EM!!!!!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!”

.... President Evan Knoll and his management staff wants to stress 2008 is still going to be good and 2009 will be better yet...
... Unless I decide to go a different rout and if I do something different its still non of your business....
... I cannott ever reply to this statement again since some dumb ass talked about a law suite....
... so talk to my legal dept and have a chat with them.
...I would again like to thank... VP RACING fuels
...I wish we had more of us out there like you folk’s GOD BLESS,
Evan Knoll. ;)

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, He's Back ... Happy Next Year ! ... ;) ... :cool:

Pages 2-5 on this one are hillarious.... Thanks for not pulling the plug on this one guys- the history lesson is pretty damn funny to review....

I still wish it was the good old days and Evan was doing what he loved ! Sponsoring a lot of race cars and a lot of racing !

You can hate and you can bad mouth him feel free to do so if thats were you are at or even laugh at him, but like Doc said he sure gave fans and racers a lot of what they liked and for that part I still say thanks for the memories !

The IRS can't take that away from any of us ! :D

I still wish it was the good old days and Evan was doing what he loved ! Sponsoring a lot of race cars and a lot of racing !

You can hate and you can bad mouth him feel free to do so if thats were you are at or even laugh at him, but like Doc said he sure gave fans and racers a lot of what they liked and for that part I still say thanks for the memories !

The IRS can't take that away from any of us ! :D

But what he left was a bunch of race teams with unpaid bills. Those are also memories you can't take away from those teams that lost everything.

But what he left was a bunch of race teams with unpaid bills. Those are also memories you can't take away from those teams that lost everything.

It is the fault of the team if they were spending money that they hadn't received, especially if there was only a verbal agreement that they would receive money. Even when you have a legitimate contract, you should be wary of spending prior to receiving payment. And the method of payment needs to clear the bank and become liquid (cash) first.

Exactly. You don't have a deal until the checks been cashed and it didn't bounce. Why has this thread come back from the dead? I thought Mr. Knoll was still playing peek-a-boo in Paw Paw Michigan with the Feds according to a Bank Official.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back