Response from Evan Knoll (1 Viewer)

Hmm blood leaking in brain ! Very dangerous pressure in places/nerve endings causing many problems , black outs medications .
What !
He has to continue to make decisions on a mirad of things on many teams and only he can call the shots, but despite many years of funding teams who may not have still been around to get shafted by a CEO who should have bought a Vette with two keys [ I know Jungle Jim ] .

Again I hope Even has a full recovery and everyone needs to drink a beer and do the American thing of pulling a rabit out of a hat and go racing.

At least that part hasn't changed.

Some who know Tolivar might try to get his sponsor hunting notes.
Maybe Jerry could open a school for sponsor hunting Racers !

Latest update on the Evan story,
The Clay Millican team was shut down this past week (April,08) all the crew guys ,including
Lance, Johnny and Clay have been laid off. They were working on a new shop ,and the ex Scotty Cannon car.
Bobby Lagana might be at Rockingham if he can put a crew together.

Sad news, I have been wondering about Evans health, I hope its better news than this. Anyone hear about him personally?

"The Clay Millican team was shut down this past week (April,08) all the crew guys ,including
Lance, Johnny and Clay have been laid off."

Just confirmed on CompPlus......

Late.........Mitch

I feel bad for Clay and his team. I am sure Johnny and Lance will land somewhere pretty quickly given the need for crew chiefs in the business. It is a shame this Torco deal has had negative impact on so many teams.

this was sent to my myspace account from Evan's account.

Date: Apr 10, 2008 9:21 PM
Subject: Evan Knoll's update.
Body: If all is well Evan should be out on Monday.

Prayers are needed for sure. thanks bw.

I guess he had more surgery. I hope everything went well.

thanks John i forgot about the "i have plenty of money" statement.So i guess there is no cash flow problems..........

From my understanding, Evan has run into some new, very serious health issues and gone in for further surgery. Hopefully it went well and he will be home soon. In any case, he gave up control of Torco to Latrell until he regains his health. Things are a bit up in the air, so it was likely decided to release Clay and his team from their contracts so they could pursue other options for themselves. While these matters have put some teams in a bind, please remember someones health and life are involved here. Evan has helped an awful lot of people out in the past and could really use everyone's prayers and support now.

Why is it when there is any kind of shake-up in the management of a company it spells doom for NHRA sponsorships!?!?

Remember the Snake Racing's Miller Lite deal became history when a new marketing manager took offer and Miller Brewing.

The situation at Torco seems similar to me.

This cannot be easy for him, his family, and his close friends. Let's all just remember that Evan is in need of our positive thoughts and prayers right now.

Regardless of what the real situation is I can wait to buy any of his products until the sponsorships are renewed like was stated by Mr. Knoll

Why is it when there is any kind of shake-up in the management of a company it spells doom for NHRA sponsorships!?!?

It's because the value of sponsorships is difficult to prove from a measurable, return on investment basis. Without being able to prove the value of a marketing expenditure, many marketing and business managers will not fund them.

Jim

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back