RCMS=Ron Capps Motor Sports (1 Viewer)

Did I hear right that a manufacturer would be announced in the future? Is Dodge out in funny car? TSR hasn't announced a manufacturer either, right?

TSR acquired Hagan's FC team from DSR, so the bodies that have been seen in the TSR shop are the Dodge bodies that Hagan ran last season. It's looking more and more like Stewart Haas will remain as a Ford team in the Cup Series and no word on the TSR Sprint Car team going away from Ford either. Not sure how Stewart can maintain a relationship with two different manufactures (Ford and Dodge), so I can't see how the drag racing side of TSR that is sharing shop space with his Ford backed Sprint Car team can continue on as a Dodge backed team. But what the heck do I know? This is a fun silly season, that's for sure.

Where can I find these pictures and videos?
I searched all over the internet and couldn't find the pictures that were mentioned in this thread. However, I DID see them roughly a week ago (give or take). The picture I saw showed the two MOPAR Direct Connection cars (TF and FC) parked in TSR's shop. Does that confirm Dodge is officially with TSR, or does that simply mean TSR purchased those existing cars from DSR? We'll find out sooner or later...

I searched all over the internet and couldn't find the pictures that were mentioned in this thread. However, I DID see them roughly a week ago (give or take). The picture I saw showed the two MOPAR Direct Connection cars (TF and FC) parked in TSR's shop. Does that confirm Dodge is officially with TSR, or does that simply mean TSR purchased those existing cars from DSR? We'll find out sooner or later...
Posted on Leah’s instagram account. Definitely Hogan’s 2021 Mopar bodies.

Attachments

• 0B93F1CB-F4F5-4F4C-8038-0E20324FC720.png
    0B93F1CB-F4F5-4F4C-8038-0E20324FC720.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 275
Posted on Leah’s instagram account. Definitely Hogan’s 2021 Mopar bodies.
There you go..... It was Instagram. I was thinking it was posted on her twitter account. I don't do Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram so thanks for posting it.

I just watched a Press Conference @TSR and he stated Ford Mustang for Cup cars, nothing mentioned about Drag racing.

I just watched a Press Conference @TSR and he stated Ford Mustang for Cup cars, nothing mentioned about Drag racing.
Dodge can't came to Cup next year even if they wanted to, it's a long process to get a body/engine approved.

TSR acquired Hagan's FC team from DSR, so the bodies that have been seen in the TSR shop are the Dodge bodies that Hagan ran last season. It's looking more and more like Stewart Haas will remain as a Ford team in the Cup Series and no word on the TSR Sprint Car team going away from Ford either. Not sure how Stewart can maintain a relationship with two different manufactures (Ford and Dodge), so I can't see how the drag racing side of TSR that is sharing shop space with his Ford backed Sprint Car team can continue on as a Dodge backed team. But what the heck do I know? This is a fun silly season, that's for sure.
TSR just announced they are closing down the Sprint Car team.

Do you follow other series, Penske runs Chevy in Indy Car, Ford in NASCAR, and 2 years ago Acura/Honda and next year and beyond Porsche in IMSA. All out the same building in Charlotte. Ganassi ran Honda in Indy Car and Cadillac in IMSA last year from their shop in Indy, and Chevy in NASCAR from their shop in Charlotte. Bobby Rahal is building a huge facility near Indy to house his Honda Indy Car teams and the BMW's he runs in IMSA. Keeping a relationship with 2 different manufacturers is not that problematic if you know what you are doing.

Hmmm, seems this old man needs to learn how to spell Motorsports correctly? This is from Ron Capps Facebook page for those who do not have Facebook.
RON-CAPPS-.JPG

TSR just announced they are closing down the Sprint Car team.
What I saw last night, Tony is just shutting down his car, not the other Sprint Car. As far as announcing manufacturers goes, Antron announced he was still with Toyota but they just do the tow vehicle and engineering work and for the FC guys it may be that Dodge had contracts with Don but have to set up new contracts with two new race teams. Lawyers are involved so who knows how long that will take.

Leah and Matt just announced a huge deal with Direct Connection/Mopar @ Pomona 2 stating more to come, it would be a shock to see the whole program disappear. Pretty sure Ford is comfortable with Tasca and Wilky combination. My opinion only, not based on anything. Also Capps would be a good fit with Toyota's outstanding NHRA program.

Ya know, I had heard once that Antron would like to drive a funny car. He has a Toyota sponsorship, so just maybe....... heh
Disclaimer. I have no knowledge of nuthin". Ask TOL. heh heh heh

Complete hypothetical situation.

A guy named Con Rapps just won the Championship driving a Hudson.
Con started his own team. He is keeping the team intact and figures to be a Championship contender for years to come.
Con has not announced what make of car he will drive.
Hudson has announced that they are backing a different new team that they have a relationship with, but could still be with Con.
Con has talked to Edsel, Duesenberg and others who might want to be involved.
No formal announcement, yet.

Con has the Championship to sell.
Con could tell Hudson: "I need X dollars to stay with you." (Remember Hudson already committed $$ to another team)
Con could tell Edsel or Duesenberg: sponsor me for X dollars, and you can tell people "The Champ drives a Edsel!" (Or Duesenberg)

What do you do if you are Con?
What do you do if you are Edsel or Duesenberg?

Strictly hypothetical......
Alan

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back