Ron Capps (1 Viewer)

!

Nitro Member
Whats the deal with Ron Capps jumping out of his car before it stops and then hanging on until it stops.

I think he was trying to get it to come to a stop physically because mechanically it wasn't happening and there are a ton of people standing around assuming the brakes work and they could have been hit. That is what I got out of it and he was probably right. I just wonder if he knew at the time he was interviewed that his parachutes didn't deploy.
It might have seemed stupid, but I think he was trying to avoid hitting a person hanging around at the big end and not paying attention. JMO.

The brakes failed also in Denver and almost hit Doug Kalitta. Bet you all wouldnt think it was so stupid if if hit your ****ing car now huh!!!

I'd rather have him in there manning the wheel so he could actually steer clear of someone/car instead of jumping out like superman and risk getting hurt, run over, having the car run into who knows what.

Yeah two weeks in a row , not too good with a Parts Sponsorship on the car!
He knew what he was doing , he could not yell with the helmet on and the car wasn't hardly moving and it is a really expensive piece of equipment !

Just a dinged body and wrap would buy nice ride.
I heard besides the chutes not deploying right there was a loss of synthetic brake fluid likely well past the traps. :mad:

Ron has a lot of energy. Do you think he's just going to sit there and watch it happen?

I thought he did a good job making sure the car was pointed where he wanted it to go before jumping out and stopping it. I think Ron thought he had a lot of help stopping the car, but he did it all himself with just a little "one handed" help from the guy at the left front.

Adrenaline is amazing!

Go Ron!!

YES, I'ld love to see bigger purses. I just like to see the same rules for all. Seems to me either Selzi or Whit got fined a few years ago for turning off going too fast, and their cars HAD brakes.

Kelly... I think these guys need some help from the expert...;)

LMAO! The last thing I need to be called is an expert!

I understand his logic for trying to protect people and/or cars being hit, but I was concerned for his own safety.

How's that? P.C. enough? ;)

LMAO! The last thing I need to be called is an expert!

I understand his logic for trying to protect people and/or cars being hit, but I was concerned for his own safety.

How's that? P.C. enough? ;)

Well put, Kelly. I was a bit concerned when I seen that but I figured since he is a crew guy he knew what he was doin'!!!!!:D All joking aside I'm just glad he didn't get hurt. I'm sure he was thinking about others safety more than his own. I wouldn't go as far as sayin' he needs to be fined, though. :confused:

You are a joke....And so is this thread,people .

A joke?? I find nothin funny about aiming a car with NO brakes into an area with dozens of people,( other crews-track crew- mediapeople -photogs,) not to mention other race cars. Then by jumping out, we now have a car with NO brakes + NO steering. Slick move :rolleyes:

Why do you think nhra did all the up-grades??? When a car is in trouble - you keep going down the "SHUT DOWN" area. Thats what it's for, you don't turn it into people. Ron knows this, he's better than that, what was he thinking??

A joke?? I find nothin funny about aiming a car with NO brakes into an area with dozens of people,( other crews-track crew- mediapeople -photogs,) not to mention other race cars. Then by jumping out, we now have a car with NO brakes + NO steering. Slick move :rolleyes:

Why do you think nhra did all the up-grades??? When a car is in trouble - you keep going down the "SHUT DOWN" area. Thats what it's for, you don't turn it into people. Ron knows this, he's better than that, what was he thinking??

And was you in the car with him and know exactly what happened? That's what wrong with some people on here, they don't think before engaging fingers on keyboard!!!!!!!:D:rolleyes:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back