Ray Alley relieved of his duties at NHRA (1 Viewer)

Rajunz

Nitro Member
Makes sense though. It could be some what of a conflict of interest if he had to make a judgement call the remainder of the season that included the Budweiser Top Fuel team..........:eek:

Alley

How could they let him go when he had
already resigned? Here goes the old which came first the chicken or the egg debate. He resignation was complete at the end of Monday's racing in Indy.

http://www.competitionplus.com/2006_08/news_dirt.html

MORE ON THE KENNY BERNSTEIN/RAY ALLEY FUNNY CAR PROGRAM:
(9-5-2006) - Torco’s Competitionplus.com has learned that Ray Alley informed NHRA president Tom Compton of his decision to leave to join Kenny Bernstein’s Monster Funny Car team during the Indy weekend. Compton was reportedly stunned to hear the news, but wished Alley well, and also told him there’d be a job waiting if he decided at the end of a year to return.

IIn preparation for next year, Alley, Bernstein and current crew chief Tim Richards discussed a list of possible assistants for Alley, finally narrowing their choices down to five. Reportedly, all five turned them down, either because they were locked into long term agreements with their teams, or were happy where they are. The two leading candidates remaining are Todd Okuhara, crew chief for the Whit Bazemore-driven Matco Tools Dodge, and Marc Denner, crewchief for the Phil Burkhart-driven CSK team car owned by the Worshams. Our sources indicate there was to be a meeting with Okuhara on Monday evening following final eliminations at Indy, with Denner set to discuss things with Bernstein on Tuesday. - Jon Asher

What is that thing called again, the Spin Something or other?
confused-smiley-013.gif

Kwel, Will give Ray and KB a chance to get it together quicker...
Hope they hire Todd...

GARDEN GROVE Drag Racing Lives Again!!!!!!!
Gee.. do I sound happy or what?

Because by the first on next year, it might just be Ray Alley tying a Ringers Glove on the car to stop the leak. That's why!!!

Last edited:
Wake up call to the NHRA. Let the two unlimited classes decide if they want to turn the 9 grand in the lights, where THEY want the retard to kick in and out, what heads they want to use, what rear gearing... or if someone wants to use a 450cid motor... and no more spec tire.

Weight the cars, check the safety equipment, and no more short tracks... strange that the short tracks are owned by the NHRA

And keep your fricking noses out of the tune up....

OR
issue motors and cars at the track like IROC, and let the drivers have at... no more multi car teams, no more teams period, no more sponsors, then you can control it all.

And no more racers

i think ray will need all the help he can get. its been a long time since he was calling the shots. I say it will be a long year for kenny.

How could they let him go when he had
already resigned?[/I]

He tendered his resignation, but I believe he was hoping to "work out his notice." NHRA had no choice with his dismissal. I doubt Kenny had any intention of opening this can of worms, but here it is. I am sure NHRA will have a clause in the contract of the next person in this position to preclude this from happening again.

i think ray will need all the help he can get. its been a long time since he was calling the shots. I say it will be a long year for kenny.

BINGO! My guess is that a year from now, Kenny will be wondering why he made this decision. My 2¢, and entitled to it. Time will tell.

BINGO! My guess is that a year from now, Kenny will be wondering why he made this decision. My 2¢, and entitled to it. Time will tell.

And the sponsorship deal that could have gone to an existing team and driver will be thinking the same thing.............then go to NASCAR:confused:

word on the street is that this was Snake's deal and when KB found out he called August Busch the 4th and said they need to keep the $$$ in the family. KB also said he would do it for less $$$. If true I now know why Snake made those comments on TV.

geez people, why don't you just start putting nails in the coffin. when kenny came back after brandon's wreck he had the killer instinct in him. kenny usually left on anyone he ran against and he still keeps his liscense current , so what did you think he still desires. its not like Don "the snake" who hasn't touched a steering wheel in years. and ray alley hasn't been sitting on a golf coarse for the past 7 years. kenny also said they are searching for a current crew chief to come over so its not like they are going to try to use a 10 year old combo. also how can you forget "the general" tim richards in on kenny's payroll so how much more knowledge do you need. it wouldn't suprise me if kenny isn't testing a car by vegas to start getting the feel for the f/c's of today. i think its great. i hope they have monster stuff for sale next week at maple grove because i will definatly buy a hat or shirt. and damn proud to wear it!:D

geez people, why don't you just start putting nails in the coffin. when kenny came back after brandon's wreck he had the killer instinct in him. kenny usually left on anyone he ran against and he still keeps his liscense current , so what did you think he still desires. its not like Don "the snake" who hasn't touched a steering wheel in years. and ray alley hasn't been sitting on a golf coarse for the past 7 years. kenny also said they are searching for a current crew chief to come over so its not like they are going to try to use a 10 year old combo. also how can you forget "the general" tim richards in on kenny's payroll so how much more knowledge do you need. it wouldn't suprise me if kenny isn't testing a car by vegas to start getting the feel for the f/c's of today. i think its great. i hope they have monster stuff for sale next week at maple grove because i will definatly buy a hat or shirt. and damn proud to wear it!:D

All i am saying is since Ray hasnt touched a car in years that it's going to be a long year. what's the harm in that? Never said KB could not drive. there is no doubt there...all i am saying is it's not going to be easy unless he can get a someone who has actually touched a car this decade. I know Tim & Kim are there and have skills but lets callem like we seeum B Squared hasn't been running as well as he should

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back