Rapid and Nanook this weekend (1 Viewer)

RAPID

Nitro Member
Just an open invite to have anyone going to Bowling Green this weekend to stop by and say "Hi" to us.

It is the 1st weekend I will be driving for Dave Hough and family in the NANOOK AA/FA. I will be easy to spot, just look up as I will be on cloud 9 with the big grin the whole weekend. :D

Rapid

Best of Luck, Rapid! Can't make it physically but will be there supporting my Iowa buddy in spirit. Get some pictures, and are you gonna do a "Rapids Weekend" posting next week? Go FAST!

Randy-

You won't be driving if I forget your drivers garb at home when we head down Friday!

Justin,

Now that is NOT funny!! :eek:

Did Mini-Me put you up to that? I told him to stay out of the box, it was just "Grown Up" stuff he didn't need to see. :D

Send me your cell number, I will call you every hour on the hour to make sure you don't forget. :p

Rapid

Last edited:
Hey Rapid, This is Donie From The NHRA Safari, You will be Glad to know that We are there this weekend, Well, Were here already, Headed down from Chicago, Got 2 fully Loaded truck to keep you all safe on track, Come down and see me at the turn off,

Donie

Terry, count on it! ;)

Chris, looking forward to seeing you there.

Hey Donnie,

That is great news. I will be down to see you. How is the new suit working? I hope you haven't had to test it. :eek: :D

Rapid

HERO...

remember, the best way from A to B is long sweeping "S" turns, normally covering 1655 feet for a quarter mile pass.... and if Big $exy forgets you werk dudes, you could always skin and tan joe's hide.... leather jacket, open face helmet, a bandanna across the mouth and nose, and a pair of goggles... just like a real awful-awful pilot before they came out with sissy stuff like firesuits....

d'kid

HERO...

remember, the best way from A to B is long sweeping "S" turns, normally covering 1655 feet for a quarter mile pass.... and if Big $exy forgets you werk dudes, you could always skin and tan joe's hide.... leather jacket, open face helmet, a bandanna across the mouth and nose, and a pair of goggles... just like a real awful-awful pilot before they came out with sissy stuff like firesuits....

d'kid

Best of Luck Rapid! Wish I could make it down there to see this. Oh and BTW, if Justin forgets, just tell em you're still wearing your SFI shorts..lol

Thanks guys for all the kind words. I will bring my SFI shorts, and we can get Donnie to pass them through tech. :D

Paul, lets try to find each other to say Hi. Fellow Nitro Mater gal Nancy Matter will also be there with CJ. It is going to be a blast, I can't wait. :cool:

Karl, that is why they still put steering wheels on them and make the race tracks slightly wider than the cars. You know, just wide enough to get REALLY SIDEWAYS!! :p

Rapid {I hope Dave doesn't read the last part. I don't want him to get nervous}

I'm getting updates by cell phone from Jerry Gilles and Big Zappy! They have visited with Randy, and are looking forward to today (Saturday) their first full day at Beech Bend Park. According to reports Jerry is like the proverbial kid it the candy store! He called last night while a nitro car was cackling under the canopy of the Holiday Inn. He was barely coherent. I suspect it was Nitro overdose, but he'll be ok by the time they all cacklefest this evening!

Hey Randy, Was great seeing you again and thanks for coming down to the Truck to say Hi, Take care, See ya Soon,

Bob,

Jer has been around the big show cars on 85% so long. He FORGOT how a real nitro car sounds on 92-95%! ;):D

Mike, sorry you didn't make the trip. Hope to see you this fall if not someplace before that. :)

Donnie,

Good to see you again. If you would have stuck your hand out we could have HI-FIVED as I came by on the last pass. :eek:

Rapid

Randy read the whole post twice now tell us about the runs, or just bring the car out this weekend and run with us. Josh said you can drive his car.
We are having a 16 car Jr field.
ANRA SPRING NATIONALS
Auto Club Famoso Raceway
Saturday June 21st 8:00

Hi Butch,

Good Luck with the race this weekend. Let me know how it goes.

This weekend I will be at Cordova driving Nanook and Danny's Funnycar both. :cool:

Tell Josh to becareful what he offers. I would love to come race in Calif again! ;)

Rapid

PS, Check out my What I did Last Weekend for the details on last weekends fun at the NHHR ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back