Classic Fuel Altereds (1 Viewer)

dave

Nitro Member
2013 is going to be the busiest year for the Classic Fuel Altereds since the 1970s heydays. Over 10 of these Classic Bad Boys will running at over 20 various events this year. Events are scheduled at the following,
Tucson
San Antonio
Bradenton
Edinburgh, TX
West Palm Beach (2)
Salt lake City
Memphis (2)
Carolina Dragway
Pittsburgh
Bowling Green
Cordova
Edmonton, AB
Martin, MI (2)
Grand Bend, ON
Epping, NH
Tulsa
Bakersfield
Mid-America, IA

Some of the 90% plus Nitro cars are, Nanook, Rat Trap, Pure Hell, Arizona Thunder, Blind Faith, Nasty Benjamin, Bradford's Fiat and Lit'l Nate.

Dave Hough
Nanook AA/FA

Dave, when are you coming out to Bakersfield? Would it be the CHRR?

Others you haven't mentioned is the Winged Express, Jeromy Sullivan's tribute to his dad Mike, and another one being put together out here in So. Cal.

We race gassers, but Alters are my favorite.:eek::cool::)

How is the new track deal going, Da' Bleeda said it looked promissing.

And when are you bringing AA/FA's to the patch?

2013 is going to be the busiest year for the Classic Fuel Altereds since the 1970s heydays. Over 10 of these Classic Bad Boys will running at over 20 various events this year. Events are scheduled at the following,
Tucson
San Antonio
Bradenton
Edinburgh, TX
West Palm Beach (2)
Salt lake City
Memphis (2)
Carolina Dragway
Pittsburgh
Bowling Green
Cordova
Edmonton, AB
Martin, MI (2)
Grand Bend, ON
Epping, NH
Tulsa
Bakersfield
Mid-America, IA

Some of the 90% plus Nitro cars are, Nanook, Rat Trap, Pure Hell, Arizona Thunder, Blind Faith, Nasty Benjamin, Bradford's Fiat and Lit'l Nate.

Dave Hough
Nanook AA/FA

Very cool, Dave. Will see you at Cordova!!

RE: Bakersfield, just the reunion at this time. We would be interested in the Saturday Night Nitro events, we've run them in the past, but they all fall on scheduled events.

RE: the Wing, Mike normally runs with us a couple of times a year, but I can't speak for him because Mike handles his own bookings.

RE: Sullivan, I've talked to Mike a few times and I know they have made runs, but they haven't contacted me.

I know there are a few more Classic Fuel Altereds being built because I've sent out a dozen of our guidelines.

It's a full time job trying to arrange 20 plus events for 10 plus cars, and I have a full time job.

Dave Hough
Nanook AA/FA

Short story is Jeff and I have a really great opportunity to team up with a former AA/FA builder and owner to run his drive-train combo and build a new chassis. The combo (Ford) is not legal for NTF or NFC so AA/FA is where we will focus.

Should be a lot of fun.

Hey Vince, your the other one that I was speaking of. Would that former AA/FA builder and owner be the one that raced the old Coor's Light AA/FA?

Mr. Hough, I may have mentioned mentioned this before, but I know were the original Super Shops "Nanook" resides now and it looks like it's ready to go for another lap.:)

Hey Dave, you guy's still in vegas, I have the last Altered that Dong Long Welded up ( #4 ). was ran as a b Altered to get started in the early 70's. then Blown Injected alky on sand, going to try to take it to HRR to display Dons work in the grove

Hey Dave, you guy's still in vegas, I have the last Altered that Dong Long Welded up ( #4 ). was ran as a b Altered to get started in the early 70's. then Blown Injected alky on sand, going to try to take it to HRR to display Dons work in the grove

Sounds cool,
Are you going to put the car back on pavement?

It would need new cage as it is only a three point, I would like to do that, have to see what the future brings

Yea, we are still in Las Vegas. The car mainly sits in Nashville for the Summer because most of our races are East of the Mississippi.

Dave Hough
Nanook AA/FA

Thanks Dave, would like to talk some time about the old day's and how the good racing is coming back, Don Stopped by on the way to Utah a while back to see the car, when I asked about up dating the car he said that it probably could be done, good luck at the races.

Larry I just realized I missed part of your question, the car should be able to cert for 6.0 second racing, Would need a little more than 6 point cage, frt brakes and a little more tubing over driver legs

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back