Rain SUX!!! (1 Viewer)

Alan,
What's your best guess on Saturday as far as weather. We're supposed to go up, but it's a 3 hour drive. Thanks! MJ

You're kidding right? Ask me tomorrow at noon and I'l give you my best guess for the morning-LOL. I don't mean to be a smart a$$, but I don't predict weather.

Sorry,
Alan

Has the sanctioning body ever done 3 pro qualifying sessions in one day?

I can't recall them doing that in recent years. But I do remember one race (i can't remember where) when due to weather and lack of weekend's left in the season, they held one qualifying session on Sunday before eliminations. I believe it was a case where they almost had to complete the race that weekend, and due to rain they were only able to get one qualifying session in, and they didn't think it was fair to set a field, with championship races still at stake, on one session.
The only time I can recall them setting the field on one session was the rain at the finals a few years ago, but they only did that because the season had to be completed by sunday, or early monday, due to the awards ceremony being at the kodak theatre on that monday.
Again, if it is rained out today, and judging by Alan's report it's a good chance, and if Saturday is rained out as well, at least they have two open weekends to complete the event. As of now, there are six weekends left in the season to complete three events.

A dude I met, travelled all the way from over here in England for that race, I too was planning it, but I put it off till next year.

I can't recall them doing that in recent years. But I do remember one race (i can't remember where) when due to weather and lack of weekend's left in the season, they held one qualifying session on Sunday before eliminations. I believe it was a case where they almost had to complete the race that weekend, and due to rain they were only able to get one qualifying session in, and they didn't think it was fair to set a field, with championship races still at stake, on one session.
The only time I can recall them setting the field on one session was the rain at the finals a few years ago, but they only did that because the season had to be completed by sunday, or early monday, due to the awards ceremony being at the kodak theatre on that monday.
Again, if it is rained out today, and judging by Alan's report it's a good chance, and if Saturday is rained out as well, at least they have two open weekends to complete the event. As of now, there are six weekends left in the season to complete three events.

I'm thinking Dallas.

Steve, I believe it was Reading in 1993, I only know that cause my brother was there. He said it was non-stop racing all day long.

going deep in the memory bank..................more useless crap..lol

3 qual sessions in one day, Denver 1999 (Amato ran the current track record 4.58 in the 3rd session)

Qual, session on Sunday morning before round 1? Memphis 1999

You're kidding right? Ask me tomorrow at noon and I'l give you my best guess for the morning-LOL. I don't mean to be a smart a$$, but I don't predict weather.

Sorry,
Alan

Just looking for your best guess, Dude. We're going up there anyway. Didn't expect you to reimburse my ticket if you were wrong.

This SUX, at least its dry and not 100 degrees here in Denver, hmmm?

S/F
D

Gateway ought to be killer this weekend, bright sunshine, cool and barometer is through the roof! Joliet may be just as good.

Danny

The local TV forecasters call for the rain tomorrow morning to be "early" and expect it to be "periodic" in the morning and out of the Petersburg area by about noon, so things look a lot better for tomorrow afternoon and we could run until curfew tomorrow night. Sunday is now starting to look pretty good - all this based on predictions that the low pressure area will slowly drift south and take the rain with it. Right now we are on the back side of the low, so the rain is coming in from the northeast instead of the southwest and the center of the low is moving south.

Let's hope they are as correct about tomorrow as they were about today. :mad: :(

I think the Saturday curfew is 11 p.m., will check in the a.m. It's enforced pretty strictly here, so they will pull the plug if we run up against it.

Registered member said:
I think the Saturday curfew is 11 p.m.

Correct oh, Compuserve'd one :)

From the NHRA.com schedule for this event:

Local ordinances require that no race vehicle engines be operated prior to 8:00 AM Friday or Saturday, and 10:00 AM Sunday (this includes driving to and from the staging lanes). Also, race engines may not be operated after 11:00 PM any day of the event.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back