Oh Man! (1 Viewer)

none

Nitro Member
I know that it's important for sustaining life and all that, but when you're at the racetrack........

RAIN SUX !!!

Alan

Most of the things I do for work and play are outside. YES RAIN SUX!
It should only rain between 1 and 4 in morning.

Hello Allan,

I could not agra with you more! Overhere in Europe it is the same deal. When we are racing the rain really sux!! Last year we lost the championship by 2 points. In a 5 race battle (a total of 20 qualifing runs and 15 race runs) for that championship we lost 9 runs! because of the rain. :(

Hello Allan,

I could not agra with you more! Overhere in Europe it is the same deal. When we are racing the rain really sux!! Last year we lost the championship by 2 points. In a 5 race battle (a total of 20 qualifing runs and 15 race runs) for that championship we lost 9 runs! because of the rain. :(

Gerda! Good to see you back in here! You and Lex gonna make Fall Vegas?

I know rain sux. Iowa, Missouri all know.
Live in the Chi-town south burbs. Our ground is cracking, need rain.
I don't think I'll get any simpathy.;)

Lee
Nitroclovers

You better stay away from Seattle is all I can say.

I did a three year tour up there aboard the USS CARL VINSON - well, I didn't because I spent more than half of the three years at sea, but my wife and family did. I can tell you it is absolutely beautiful up there, primarily due to the life sustaining and aforementioned rain. When it's bright and sunny there are few places I'd rather be, but the other 300 days out of the year it can wear on you a little.

There is a time and a place for everything. The race trace is neither the time nor the place for rain.

Murdock.

I did a three year tour up there aboard the USS CARL VINSON - well, I didn't because I spent more than half of the three years at sea, but my wife and family did. I can tell you it is absolutely beautiful up there, primarily due to the life sustaining and aforementioned rain. When it's bright and sunny there are few places I'd rather be, but the other 300 days out of the year it can wear on you a little.

Come on Gordon, its actually 285 days!!!:D;)

It was 85 and not a cloud in the sky yesterday and its looking like a high of 91 today. There is no place better than here when its like this.

I worked for over a year and a half on the new pier D at PSNS where the Vinson is to be parked. State of the art (as piers go). Your wife and kids must have lived in the Bremerton area. Its a Navy town, thats for sure. I grew up in Silverdale and with the Navy's plans for the next 20 years it looks like it will grow immensely.

You better stay away from Seattle is all I can say.

You should try it here. From July 5th through Halloween it is gorgeous -- 75, not a cloud in the sky, views to die for, the bluest skies and the greenest mountains you've ever seen.

The list of cities that get more rain that Seattle is amazing: New York, Chicago, Miami, St. Louis, etc., etc. And when it's gray and 20 in 2/3rds of the US, it's gray and 40 in Seattle.

When I moved from the midwest, I gave my parkas to Goodwill -- don't need them. I've lived on both coasts and several places in between, including about 40 miles from Norwalk. IMHO, this place has some of the best weather in which I've ever lived.

It's beautiful in Seattle today - blue skies and warm weather. I'm just crossing my fingers that it will be this way three weeks from now for the Northwest Nationals.
Seattle race got it`s one rainout every five years...last year! It`ll probably be scorching like it was in `04 and `06. I lived three years in Seattle (Magnolia and Bellevue) and mid July thru Oct is absolutely gorgeous up there. I`d rather look at a forest of green fir trees than a bunch of cactus in a brown desert.

Come on Gordon, its actually 285 days!!!:D;)

It was 85 and not a cloud in the sky yesterday and its looking like a high of 91 today. There is no place better than here when its like this.

I worked for over a year and a half on the new pier D at PSNS where the Vinson is to be parked. State of the art (as piers go). Your wife and kids must have lived in the Bremerton area. Its a Navy town, thats for sure. I grew up in Silverdale and with the Navy's plans for the next 20 years it looks like it will grow immensely.

Ha Ha Ha That's funny! I agree, it is absolutely gorgeous up there when it's warm and sunny.

Yeah, we lived in Bremerton, but frequented Silverdale because of the sub base. That pier at PSNS is state of the art. We pulled in there after our eight month deployment and were extremely impressed with it vs. the one we used to use.

Last edited:
It's beautiful in Seattle today - blue skies and warm weather. I'm just crossing my fingers that it will be this way three weeks from now for the Northwest Nationals.

Melting out at my place not far from the track. Heh.

You should try it here. From July 5th through Halloween it is gorgeous -- 75, not a cloud in the sky, views to die for, the bluest skies and the greenest mountains you've ever seen.

*snip* IMHO, this place has some of the best weather in which I've ever lived.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Seattle race got it`s one rainout every five years...last year! It`ll probably be scorching like it was in `04 and `06. I lived three years in Seattle (Magnolia and Bellevue) and mid July thru Oct is absolutely gorgeous up there. I`d rather look at a forest of green fir trees than a bunch of cactus in a brown desert.

I freaking hope it's not scorching. Unless in the next three weeks I find the money for central air in my house. I'm hoping it will be like 2005 when it was in the 70s and perfect. *crosses fingers*

Of course, a few weeks ago, when they had to plow Snoqualmie Pass they were saying it was going to be cold and wet through July. Gah. Can't trust these weather people as far as you can throw 'em.

Having personally witnessed the entire rain delay race last year here at Pacific Raceways I can certainly feel your pain, Alan, and I seriously hope it doesn't happen again here this year. :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back