Rahn Tobler (1 Viewer)

Re: Rhan Tobler

Depends how much credit you give Tim Richards for Bruce Larson's championship in '89.

What about Bernie Fedderly with Gary Beck and Force?

I'm confused. Maynard Yingst (spell) was Larson's Crew Chief in 89, not Tim Richards....right?

I'm confused. Maynard Yingst (spell) was Larson's Crew Chief in 89, not Tim Richards....right?

You are correct that Maynard was Larsons Crew Chief, but I remember at the time Tim Richards had a lot of input into that car and how it ran. It carried Tim's name on the cowl right where the injector came through the hood.

This was through his association with Amato around that time if I remember correctly.

Connie tuned her to her first championship, Tobler her last two. Haven`t you ever watched 'Heart Like a Wheel'? :rolleyes:

Sheesh I forgot for a moment, cut me some slack!

And yes Heart Like a Wheel I have seen and it's one of my favorite car movies. :D I had Shirley sign the box in '03.

It's truly amazing what Tobler was able to do with Shirley's team, he was practically still a kid then when he won her second Championship. Connie Kalitta should have kept him on at all costs.
Crew chief for the ages | National Dragster | Find Articles at BNET

Ever since Kalitta Racing let Rahn go, it's been a downhill slide for Doug. From what I remember, he was let go because he wouldn't use the same setup as the other two Fuelers. What they should have done was use his setup, since Doug's car was running the best consistently.

Whoops, there I go again. Sorry Suzie; we've talked about this before, I know. :D One thing I 'll never for get about Rahn, all this year after the DHL accident, Rahn has worn his Scott Kalitta memorial button faithfully, every time I've seen him all through the whole summer on through last Sunday. He's a heck of a nice guy. I got to share some fun times with him in Denver & Topeka when he tuned Doug K.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back