Rahn Tobler (1 Viewer)

camaro

Nitro Member
with all discussion about Cruz winning the championship and his post race comments, his crew chief may have accomplished something that no one has ever done before and someone can correct me if I’m wrong but I believe Rhan is the only tuner in history to ever win a championship in both TF and FC.

Re: Rhan Tobler

with all discussion about Cruz winning the championship and his post race comments, his crew chief may have accomplished something that no one has ever done before and someone can correct me if I’m wrong but I believe Rhan is the only tuner in history to ever win a championship in both TF and FC.

Depends how much credit you give Tim Richards for Bruce Larson's championship in '89.

What about Bernie Fedderly with Gary Beck and Force?

Leonard Hughes was the first to win in a Championship as a crew chief in both TF and FC with the Candies and Hughes team. Dale Armstrong was the second with the Bud King team.

Quite the accomplishment to a very small list of accomplished tuners!!!

It was great to hear him give kudo's to Dickie and the team he was able to guide, the chemistry worked very well for the whole team.

Tim Wilkerson is the Champion both as Driver and Crew Chief.
The points system allowed someone to steal it.
Tony Shumacher even with his record number of wins could been bumped out

Quite the accomplishment to a very small list of accomplished tuners!!!

It was great to hear him give kudo's to Dickie and the team he was able to guide, the chemistry worked very well for the whole team.
Yes, there is definitely a great chemistry there. Not sure how many are aware of the fact that Tobler and Venables basically crew up together learning their trades.
Go down here about 11 pictures, this was Dickie's father's car.
Stephens & Venables Dragster Restoration by Rip & Natalie Wiley

It's truly amazing what Tobler was able to do with Shirley's team, he was practically still a kid then when he won her second Championship. Connie Kalitta should have kept him on at all costs.
Crew chief for the ages | National Dragster | Find Articles at BNET

Tim Wilkerson is the Champion both as Driver and Crew Chief.
The points system allowed someone to steal it.
Tony Shumacher even with his record number of wins could been bumped out

We all know how you feel about Tobler and I agree about the OLD System, Wilk is by far the champ, many times over, but unfornately the $500K check didn't have his name on it, nor the trophy. It's sad, VERY SAD, but true and you have to give a little credit for the effort port forth by all the teams, not just the Top 10.

We all know how you feel about Tobler and I agree about the OLD System, Wilk is by far the champ, many times over, but unfornately the $500K check didn't have his name on it, nor the trophy. It's sad, VERY SAD, but true and you have to give a little credit for the effort port forth by all the teams, not just the Top 10.

It just makes the early part of the season " Pointless "
If Shumacher had not won, it would have been a crime.
A low dollar team can run conservative then try to make final 8, then blow all remaining money and parts , thats assuming they have some knowledge.

And very true about all the teams working their butts off. Just watch them between rounds. And every one of them has great talent. A few have just a hair more info on the computers to draw from. Hope 2009 is safe for every team.

he was practically still a kid then when he won her second Championship.

That was the impression I got when Rahn and her son John were both crewing on the car together many moons ago. Rahn and John looked so close in age it sorta creeped me out when Shirley and Rahn married. What ever happened to John anyway?

Another guy on the AAP Funny Car squad with strong Kalitta ties is Shawney Dill. Did you guys ever see pics of the FED he restored a couple years ago? It's flippin amazing. I'm glad Shawney got to be a part of Cruzer's championship; and doing it with 'Toe' makes it even sweeter for him. I think it's safe to say, there's only one guy in the world who Scott Kalitta would have wanted to get a FC world title other than Glen Mikres.... and that's Rahn! Add me to the list of people who are very happy for Ol' Toe! :D

Another guy on the AAP Funny Car squad with strong Kalitta ties is Shawney Dill. Did you guys ever see pics of the FED he restored a couple years ago? It's flippin amazing. I'm glad Shawney got to be a part of Cruzer's championship; and doing it with 'Toe' makes it even sweeter for him. I think it's safe to say, there's only one guy in the world who Scott Kalitta would have wanted to get a FC world title other than Glen Mikres.... and that's Rahn! Add me to the list of people who are very happy for Ol' Toe! :D

"Shawney" & "Toe"??? Oh Chris!!! Sometimes............:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back