Race the Bud king (1 Viewer)

SkidMark

Nitro Member
What is this about? I saw it on today's schedule.

8:30 Stock
Super Comp
Super Gas
Stock
Super Comp
Super Gas
10:15 Comp
Stock
Race the Bud king

It is a marketing race between (for now anyway) 2 of the pontiacs. Typically a local DJ races a contest winner (although there may be variations on who actually races. I honestly don't pay that much attention to the participants.)
Then the winner of that race, races Brandon Bernstein. They did the same thing years ago with Kenny. FYI, Alan can update this but it seems like the last time I heard Brandon had only lost the race 2 or 3 times.

It
Then the winner of that race, races Brandon Bernstein. They did the same thing years ago with Kenny. FYI, Alan can update this but it seems like the last time I heard Brandon had only lost the race 2 or 3 times.

Do these count as test sessions, even though he is not in his own car?:rolleyes:

Yea.. like its real fair.. they put some "Fan" in a street Car (16 or 17 sec.) and he has to race Brandon... they run on a .400 Pro Tree I've seen it and Brandon always goes in "DEEP".. cuts an average light, but the poor sucker has a .570 RT and its over before the 60" clock!!

I remember way back in the early 90's when Wed. was "Press Day" and at Maple Grove, they (NHRA) had about 6 or 8 "K" Car Chrysler Le-Baron's and Darrell Alderman was racing vs the press reporters......

I watched a few races, and saw which 17 sec car was about .08 faster.. (they were all RED) but had # on the plate..

I got in line, (counted so I'd get the quicker car... & when it was my turn to race Alderman, I went RIGHT IN DEEP... we were about = on the tree, but my car was faster...

I had Alderman sign the time slip, I wrote on it I was BEAT by Panuzzo & he signed it.. :D

However he wanted a re-run and we had to switch cars... (he won that one)

Scott Geoffren was the starter, and said we had to run a 3rd race to determine the overall winner... I still say he (Geoffren) Quick Treed me :) and Alderman won the last race...he won 2 out of 3

I've been told that NHRA don't have Press Day on Wed. any longer... It was fun while it lasted...

After about 8 years NHRA got wise to my "BS" and stopped giving me a Press pass, to shoot photos on the starting line for the whole event...

I had them (NHRA) going for about 8 yrs & got free entry, and a press photo pass to every race at E Town & Reading...

Now NHRA is on a tighter budget, and they only give the photographers a $5 food pass to get Track Burgers... If they even do that??

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back