In case you're interested (run order for tomorrow) (1 Viewer)

Mike

Nitro Member
So.... Assuming no weather delays, excessive oildowns, or accidents, what is the best-case scenario for completing the event? Any chance by 7pm?

8:00 AM- Super Stock R-1 128
Competition R-1 54
Super Stock R-2 64

10:45 AM Pre-Race Ceremonies

11:00 AM TOP FUEL R-1 16
FUNNY CAR R-1 16
PRO STOCK CAR R-1 16
PRO STOCK MOTORCYCLE R-1 16

Top Alcohol Dragster R-1 16

TOP FUEL R-2 8
FUNNY CAR R-2 8
PRO STOCK CAR R-2 8
PRO STOCK MOTORCYCLE R-2 8

Top Alcohol Funny Car R-1 16
Pro Mod R-1 16
Competition R-2 27

TOP FUEL R-3 4
FUNNY CAR R-3 4
PRO STOCK CAR R-3 4
PRO STOCK MOTORCYCLE R-3 4

Gassers R-1 8
Super Stock R-3 32
Stock R-4 16
Top Alcohol Dragster R-2 8
Top Alcohol Funny Car R-2 8
Competition R-3 14
Pro Mod R-2 8
Super Stock R-4 16

PRO STOCK MOTORCYCLE Final 2
PRO STOCK CAR Final 2
FUNNY CAR Final 2
TOP FUEL Final 2

Gassers R-2 4
Super Gas R-5 8
Stock R-5 8
Super Stock R-5 8
Super Comp R-5 7
Competition R-4 7
Top Alcohol Dragster R-3 4
Top Alcohol Funny Car R-3 4
Pro Mod R-3 4
Super Gas R-6 4
Stock R-6 4
Super Stock R-6 4
Super Comp R-6 4
Competition R-5 4
Gassers R-3 2

Finals

guess that means no track walk

Given the forecast for rain in the afternoon it wouldn't surprise me if they shorten the pro turnaround times and cut out some of the sportsmen runs.

ok a tweet went out that it will be run next weekend and the FIELD is opened
back up ?? how can that be once the field is set ?

It was explained that if it was a wash for 2 days, there is no sense coming back just for eliminations and both sunday and monday would be made up together.

Did they carve he field into a trophy or something? They only got two of four scheduled sessions in, they're now going to have the other two next weekend. What's the problem with that?

Also, given vastly different weather and track conditions next weekend, it's probably for the best -- they get a chance to put some rubber on the track and test on it as well.

Did they carve he field into a trophy or something? They only got two of four scheduled sessions in, they're now going to have the other two next weekend. What's the problem with that?

Also, given vastly different weather and track conditions next weekend, it's probably for the best -- they get a chance to put some rubber on the track and test on it as well.

E-Town was postponed probably 10 years ago from May to Sept and the fields were set back then and they didn't reopen the field. The day prior to eliminations they had 2 test and tune sessions. If you didn't have big names outside of the field I don't think they would have reopened the field. The teams had 3 sessions to get in, that is more than enough IMO and unfair to the low buck teams who now have to shell out the cash to come back and might now get bumped out after they were locked into the field already.

I'm amazed at the attitude attacking the guy. Geez it was a simple question. Mr. Light explained in his interview yesterday that was a potential option. He said it was likely unprecedented in the history of the sport, but this is the US Nationals. No sense in coming saturday and just making test laps when they have a full sunday schedule that was a wash. It's not only opened up to the pro fields, but also Top Alcohol Funny Car and Dragster as well as Pro Modified. The Traxxas Shootout also needed to be run. Is it fair or not? Who knows. It's no more fair than the countdown points reset and the top 12 rule. I'm glad to see the 2 extra sessions. Pro Stock and Pro Stock Bike only got 2 shots at the track. Pro Mod only got 1.

HMMMM not carved in stone. BUT It has never been done before. Makes me wonder why. Maybe a couple big names outside looking in. just makes ya wonder.

HMMMM not carved in stone. BUT It has never been done before. Makes me wonder why. Maybe a couple big names outside looking in. just makes ya wonder.

Whatever the reasoning it's still a good logical decision. Pits are still a mess unless your on asphalt, spectator parking is a problem, need to run the Traxxas event and it makes qualifing fair to everyone. No down side unless you traveled a good ways and can't return.

Well we pulled out yesterday morning, as it didn't look too promising, and I guess we made the right call. For the fans that can attend next weekend, reopening the fields to give everyone the normal number of runs will certainly give everyone a great show. I will say, what we did see was excellent, lots of cars in the pro ranks.

Whatever the reasoning it's still a good logical decision. Pits are still a mess unless your on asphalt, spectator parking is a problem, need to run the Traxxas event and it makes qualifing fair to everyone. No down side unless you traveled a good ways and can't return.

Logical decision if your a big name team outside the field and you couldn't get it done in 3 sessions.

Logical decision if your a big name team outside the field and you couldn't get it done in 3 sessions.

Sure..just ignore the fans, television audience, sponsors and the sportsman racers who can't get to their trailers. I'm guessing you work for the man for a living and don't have to make many business decisions.

Sure..just ignore the fans, television audience, sponsors and the sportsman racers who can't get to their trailers. I'm guessing you work for the man for a living and don't have to make many business decisions.

Wow, you talk as if the heads of NHRA aren't businessmen. You really think that the decision not to race was based on how they could screw as many people over as they could? You do realize the remnants of a hurricane came through Indy this weekend right?

I know you're frustrated, but they do run on planet earth and these things happen.

Sure you must be a felony. You don't follow the rules as they written.
You make them up as you go along so its fair for you as a felony.

Wow, you talk as if the heads of NHRA aren't businessmen. You really think that the decision not to race was based on how they could screw as many people over as they could? You do realize the remnants of a hurricane came through Indy this weekend right?

I know you're frustrated, but they do run on planet earth and these things happen.

Nick, I think you missed John's point....and his sarcasm. He is on the same page with you.

Now Jon Miller on the other hand, I have no idea where he is, LOL! Oh yeah, everything is a conspiracy theory :D

Nick, I think you missed John's point....and his sarcasm. He is on the same page with you.

Now Jon Miller on the other hand, I have no idea where he is, LOL! Oh yeah, everything is a conspiracy theory :D

Not everything is. Just seems funny we had another indy deal involving a pedregon and force. We are back to it again. :p

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back