Classes at Events (1 Viewer)

It may have been one of the least costly classes to run, initially, but I'd suggest that the cost of racing a "competitive (170 moh+) Super Comp car is probably on par or even more expensive, now, than a Middle-class Stocker, Look at the expensive, powerful engines in the Super Comp pits, these days. They all want to run big MPH after spending a couple of seconds (or, more) time on the active throttle stop, and that takes big horsepower, which takes BIG money.... Just my opinion....

An all-run qualifier list may have the effect you suggest, but I think the Class Eliminations are more important to these racers than you give it credit for being. I am on another forum which has mainly Stock and S/S racers posting on it, and I can tell from their writing that they value a Class win a LOT! They won't get that without working on their cars.

Just my 2-cents... and, running out of money!!!!

Bill

Yes you are right about super comp, that is maybe why they need a speed limit. But you can still win with a slow mph car, you just need to be good at looking over your shoulder or trust your setup. I know a local racer runner-up at a divisional foot braking his 10:90 car with no throttle stop.
And yes class is very important to stock and super stock racers. One of my favorite moments at the drag strip was when one of my best friend won F/SA at the Cajun Sportsnationals a couple of years ago. We are now trying to make his car faster now to win this year but I don't have to tell you about the "challenges" that will make it almost impossible but we don't know unless we try. My super stock car should fall into GT/KA class and I tried to talk to everyone who runs a 283 ci on if I am doing this right or will that work. I found out that 99% of the racers who runs a 283 helped me out alot of what not to try or try. That suprised me and I am thankful for their help. I don't have a lot of money to spend but these guys saved me thousands.
Oh and if you run out of money, you still have knowledge and memory which is worth alot more. :)

Yes you are right about super comp, that is maybe why they need a speed limit. But you can still win with a slow mph car, you just need to be good at looking over your shoulder or trust your setup. I know a local racer runner-up at a divisional foot braking his 10:90 car with no throttle stop.
And yes class is very important to stock and super stock racers. One of my favorite moments at the drag strip was when one of my best friend won F/SA at the Cajun Sportsnationals a couple of years ago. We are now trying to make his car faster now to win this year but I don't have to tell you about the "challenges" that will make it almost impossible but we don't know unless we try. My super stock car should fall into GT/KA class and I tried to talk to everyone who runs a 283 ci on if I am doing this right or will that work. I found out that 99% of the racers who runs a 283 helped me out alot of what not to try or try. That suprised me and I am thankful for their help. I don't have a lot of money to spend but these guys saved me thousands.
Oh and if you run out of money, you still have knowledge and memory which is worth alot more. :)

Well, Armand, I have finally run out of things to say about this "bracket racing vs. drag racing" bidness, and can only say that to ME, it's a lot more satisfying to beat the guy in the next lane, than it is to beat the clock!

But, the guys who contend that bracket racing saved drag racing from extinction are no doubt, right,

It's just that having done so, now, the tail wags the dog sometimes...

Oh well, at least there is a dog to wag.... LOL!

Thanks for your thoughtful and insightful comments!

Bill[/I]

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back