Pro Stock Motorcycle parity (lack of) (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member
Looks like NHRA needs to add some weight to the V-twins or give the inline 4's a weight break. This is ridiculous, the top 6 are all v-twins. :rolleyes:

Looks like NHRA needs to add some weight to the V-twins or give the inline 4's a weight break. This is ridiculous, the top 6 are all v-twins. :rolleyes:

thats to be expected when you are at a high altitude track

vegas is second highest to bandimere

What a pathetic joke, after 4 rounds the top 7 bikes are all V-twins. :mad:

Fastest twin: 7.023
Fastest four: 7.102

.079 seconds difference.

Judging by the MPH it isn't all horsepower. The bikes with the fourth and fifth fastest speeds are qualified 10th and 12th. They are inline 4's btw.

No........it's torque........that is what gets you there.

And the 'Rod's 'n' Buells have it in spades.

The 4's put on a better high end charge.

But that does not win races.

REX

If the bikes were anywhere near even - then I think you would see it in the top 4 in the countdown.

I don't know any PSM fan that believes the 4 most talented riders in the class are the 4 left fighting for the championship right now.

add weight again???? team $humacher is developing a new engine for the suzukis. im sure nhra will let them do what ever the ywant. rest assured suzukis will be dominating agian. it seems this is the dsrhra :mad:

If the bikes were anywhere near even - then I think you would see it in the top 4 in the countdown.

I don't know any PSM fan that believes the 4 most talented riders in the class are the 4 left fighting for the championship right now.

The most talented? Let's look objectively, Ellis and Hines probably have the best bikes, Smith was dominant early, with another great package and, is no slouch of a rider. Peggy has a great bike/team and is up and coming (here to stay?). Angelle's not there because she couldn't sustain consistent riding performances this season.

Vegas is a horrible barometer to gauge parity. If Team Army had a developed fuel injection system they'd run at or near the top at elevation. Treble reportedly lost f.i. patience against the advise of VHR.

Since the revision, Angelle's performances numbers wise are stellar (her results less than). You could argue her bike was second to none for a reasonable portion of the season. It would also appear Antron has been victimized by either a poor working bike, or a poor running one all season. When the bike's been reasonably competitive, he's made mistakes. Hines, Ellis and Smith are all very good riders with very good teams. Peggy is up and coming with a very good team. The missing element may be Angelle, but again, this season, she's had sub-par riding performances, when on the dominant bike.

10 lbs. may be forthcoming, but considering the bulk of the quality, highly funded teams are V-twin oriented the results seem on par.

Last edited:
Seeing as how all brands are not allowed to run the same cubic inches and weight I would say most know that the inline four is the better engine design for making power at a given displacement, having said that, it looks to me that NHRA gets to pick the winning brand.
Thankfully pro stock car runs with one set of rules for all brands therefore making it fair for all.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back